A Reborn Doll
Create a Reborn Doll from a 20” Berenguer LaBaby Doll. These make for cute baby dolls to play with or even collector's dolls for adults. Once these babies are "born" you will think it's real.
- 12-13” baby-style wig
- Unstuffed jointed body
- 20” vinyl baby doll (Berenguer LaBaby)
- Amethyst Acrylic Paint
- Fan Brush
- Windsor & Newton Alkyd Paint
- Finity Artists Acrylic Color
- Polyester fiberfill
- Beads (optional)
- Remove head, arms and legs from original body.
- Paint the inside of the head, hands and feet very lightly with Amethyst Acrylic Paint using a fan brush.
- Add blush to the cheeks, hands and feet by using Windsor & Newton Alkyd Paint. Pick up a tiny bit of paint on a piece of clean cotton knit and blot most of it off. Rub in a circular motion making it lighter at edges. If you change your mind, Blending and Glazing Medium will take it off.
- Eyebrows can be added by making fine lines with Finity Artists’ Acrylic Color, then blotting with a paper towel.
- Add Wispy Eyelashes to enhance the eyes.
- Finger and toenails can be painted with paints and prism color pencils. Regular nail polish can be used, but will chip over time.
- Attach head, arms and legs to the new unstuffed, jointed body. Stuff the body with polyester fiberfill and bead (optional).
- 12-13" Wispy wig gives a baby look. If using a full cap wig, a 14-15" size fits well.
- You can also use an unstuffed body w/armature. Cut off the head insert 1/4" below the funnel shape with a craft knife. Push two sections of the head armature into the insert and use hot glue to hold tight. Push 1-2 links of the armature into the vinyl hands and feet.
- Apple Valley translucent vinyl doll parts are also designed for making reborns. They come unpainted to allow you to create your own special doll using a color wash and painting just as you would a Berenguer Reborn. Eyes are preset in the heads. Eyelashes are not included.
Read NextFall Mason Jars
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Feb 22, 2017
I have been wanting to make one of these Reborn dolls for some time now with my grand daughter but have not done it yet. I use to make porcelain dolls years ago and paint their faces ,make bodies with or without armatures and put on wigs we cut out and set in real eyes too. they are so fun and each one is different because each time you paint the face it turns out different that is what makes them so unique. I painted their faces so this should be a breeze. If you have ever wanted to try this why not give it a shot you will not regret it. Why not makes some cute clothes while you are at it.
heavensangelsfg 87 65154
Oct 04, 2012
I've been doing this since 2004! It's gotten a lot more intricate lately.. We now use Genesis Heat set paints and Glass beads for weight, and also, real eyes, or glass eyes.. I can make a doll look like your own baby from a picture! check out my work if u get a chance. www.picturetrail.com/beachbabiesbytina and see the "doubletake babies" Thanks! I'm thinking about holding online classes!
Jan 26, 2013
how much is your reborn doll I would like too know how muchh
Aug 02, 2012
Is the amethyst acrylic paint a brand or a color? Is Finity Artists Acrylic Color a brand? Is Windsor & Newton Alkyd Paint a type of paint or a brand? Sorry for all the questions, but I would really like to do his project.
Nov 10, 2010
Jul 30, 2010
I own several LA BABY dolls that are ranging from 20-30 years old that I collected over the time when I was having my children. They are very special to me and now I have grand children and would love to fine each one of them their own. They are so soft and smell so great. I have both boys and girls also. If any one knows where to find them that are anatomically correct I would love to know.
Mar 18, 2012
angelic creations in anperville,il. not sure about beenger but they do have anatomically correct dolls.
Jun 08, 2010
Where can you get the Berenguer LaBaby.
DebD in KS
Apr 26, 2012
Try http://www.berenger.com. You can also find discounted dolls on Ebay. Just type in "berenger reborn" and you should get some good results. Some are finished ones, and some are available to do yourself, usually. There are used and new. And there are also anatomically-correct dolls offered, as well as Spanish, Asian and Black dolls. Have fun!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use