Beaded Book Thong
Use leftover charms and beads to create a beautiful beaded bookmark from The Bead Studio, perfect for the graduate headed to college or your bookworm friend. These can also be hung from the rear-view window. This homemade gift is so quick and easy!
- 2 feet of Waxed Linen Cord
- 1 Charm
- Assorted Beads – about a dozen with holes that just fit over the linen
- Clear Nail Polish
- Tie the charm onto one end of the cord, trim and set knot with clear nail polish.
- Slide a grouping of beads onto the cord and tie a knot after the last bead. (Use an awl to get the knot close to beads if needed).
- Determine the length of cord needed for the type of book (less for paperback more for hardcover) and tie a knot were the beads will start.
- Add beads to the tail of the cord and tie a knot after the last bead.
- Trim the excess cord and set knot with clear nail polish.
Read NextBlessing Bags DIY