Gardener's Hand Scrub
For a quick but thoughtful gift, make the Gardener's Hand Scrub. This easy project will produce a wonderful gift in a simply decorated jar. Homemade gifts in a jar are always a hit so give this one a try.
- Two small pumice stones (approx. 5x1 inch)
- 1 and 1/2 bars of grated soap (I used Dove, but you can use any smell you like)
- 1 cup Borax (you can find this with the laundry detergent at your favorite store)
- Four 8 oz. canning jars
- 1/2 cup water (optional)
- First, grate your bars of soap.
- Then cut the tie off of your pumice stones.
- Throw the two stones into a thick ziplock bag and smash them into a fine powder using a hammer.
- To make sure there aren't any large pieces of pumice stone left, sift it and then repound the larger bits.
- Mix the grated soap, pumice stone powder and borax. If you would like a dry mix, you can put it into your containers right now. If you prefer a more wet mix then add 1/2 cup of water.
- Print off the label (resize if you like) and add to the top of the jar.
For more great 'gift in a jar' ideas, check out this FREE eBook.