Surprise Pin Cushion
These Sizzix ideas were created by Maria Nerius during our Hexagon Box Challenge on FaveCrafts 365 (our daily v-log report to you!). Debbi likes to craft items that also have an organizational value so Maria hid a pin cushion inside this box!
- Sizzix Bigz Pro Die Hexagon Box
- Die cutting machine
- Floral themed paper (shown: Die Cuts With A View)
- Medium Daisy or floral of your choice
- 3 Dimensional Ladybug buttons (Blumenthal Lansing)
- 1 Shank Remover tool (Blumenthal Lansing)
- Buttons often come with plastic shanks on the back. To adhere these buttons smoothly to the paper surface, I’ve removed the shanks. You place the tool right up to the back of the button with the shank in the mouth of the tool, then just squeeze and the shank is smoothly cut from the button!
- Die cut the hexagon box, fold on scores, fold into box, adhere all connecting flaps (not that this box has 3 flaps that are inserted into the box at top to close, do not glue these flaps. Allow to dry.
- Adhere flower and leaf to top of box towards center. Adhere ladybug button with shank removed to the grouping.
- Ad here 2 more ladybug buttons with shank removed onto sides.