French Countryside DIY Planter
Bring the French Countryside into your garden with the French Countryside DIY Planter. This would be a great project if you're looking for garden ideas or even for general home decor. DIY garden ideas are perfect for gardeners who want a little extra beauty in their garden. The tutorial will show you how to stencil the lovely fleur de lis on your planter with the basic supplies for painting crafts. Your garden will look just a bit brighter with these DIY planters.
For more great home decor craft projects from Stencil Ease®, check out 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas.
- Stencil Ease® Fleur de Lis, 2” Stencil
- Stencil Ease® Repositionable Adhesive Spray
- Ikea® SKURAR Plant Pot, off-white
- Rusto-Leum Painter's touch® Ultra Cover 2X Satin Summer Squash
- Deco Art® Metallic Emperor’s Gold
- Shurtape Technologies LLC Frog Tape®
- Stencil Ease® 5/8” Stencil Brush, White Bristle
- Small Artist Brush
- Paper Towels
- Paper or Plastic Plate
- In a well ventilated outdoor space, spray the Ikea® SKURAR Plant Pot with the Summer Squash Rust-Oleum Painter's touch® Ultra Cover 2X Satin.
- Let dry Overnight.
- Spray the back of the Stencil Ease® Fleur de Lis Stencil very lightly with the Stencil Ease® Repositionable Adhesive Spray and let the adhesive dry.
- Position the stencil design on the center of the of the pot and press down to make sure it is sticking to the table –use Frog Tape® as well to be sure it is secure since it is a curved surface.
- Pour some of the Deco Art® Metallic Emporer’s Gold onto the plate.
- Load one end of your Stencil Ease® 5/8” Stencil Brush with the Emperor’s Gold paint then swirl the brush onto your paper towel until it seems like all of the paint is removed. This creates a dry brush and leaves the perfect amount of paint on your bristles. Using a dry brush prevents paint from seeping under the cut-outs of the stencil. This part of the process is essential if you would like clean/ crisp lines when you lift your stencil.
- Either stipple (lightly tapping over the stencil cut-outs) or swirl the paint onto the pot.
- Remove the stencil.
- Draw accent lines with your small artist brush.
- Allow the pot to dry completely overnight.
Find even more chic and trendy craft project ideas to adore in our collection of crafty DIY ideas that we think you should make ASAP. The ideas in 53 DIY Crafts Everyone Should Try are all pretty, easy, fabulous, and unique.
For more information about Stencil Ease® or to purchase Stencil Ease® products, please visit www.stencilease.com.