We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Lisa Nelsen-Woods got her start helping her father with household projects as a toddler and taking sewing lessons from her mother at five years old. Now Lisa uses everything from a sewing machine to a jackhammer to make her condominium stylish and green on a budget. Turning life’s castoffs into something clever, useful, or beautiful gets her motor running.
As a new homeowner, Lisa quickly found out projects often hit a snag that makes you sing the blues. Lisa tells you what went wrong, how to avoid it, and how to fix it so your project turns out better than you imagined on her blog Condo Blues, recognized as one the 100 Best Green Blogs for College Students and named Best of 2008 Creative Reuse by Apartment Therapy. Lisa taught mom and dad bloggers how to stop making Honey Do Lists and start making Do It Yourself Honey Lists at the first Craftsman DIY Blogger Summit. Lisa has appeared in This Old House Magazine, The Chicago Sun Times, MSN Money, Method Home, and The Columbus Dispatch. Lisa’s brand of clear instruction and humor shined through in her TV interviews with WBNS TV10 and in a series of interviews with The Weather Channel.
When Lisa isn’t creating kitchens, she cooks in them. Lisa also blogs about making real food, real quick, and for real budgets on The Lazy Budget Chef and is the food blogger for The Balancing Act on Lifetime Television.
Lisa is forever grateful her parents impressed upon her that if she can’t do something like everyone else find a different way to do it!
Projects on FaveCrafts:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Are you ready to create a DIY craft that's as practical as it is thrifty? If so, this Dollar Store Magnetic Organizer is for you. This… Continue reading: "Dollar Store Magnetic Organizer"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Felt Holly Christmas Napkin Rings
- Jean Dreams Tote
- How To Make A Pencil Case Out Of Paper?
- Pinch Me Crochet Lobster Hat
- Diy: Succulents In A Bowl
- Family Handprint Turkey
- Pumpkin Bunting
- Witch Hat Hair Accessory
- 31 Scary And Cute Free Halloween Printables You Will Love!
- Ghosts, Goblins, And Ghouls Halloween Word Scramble Games
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home