Music Lover Picture Frame
If you're looking for a handmade gift, consider creating picture frame craft ideas. A Music Lover Picture Frame from Heidi Borchers is perfect for a friend that place an instrument, sings like a bird, or just loves whatever is on the radio. It's sentimental but creative at the same time.
- Aleene’s FunCraft Foam Glue
- Cardboard frame shape
- Cereal box (for patterns)
- Ruler and pencil
- Musical notes and treble clef patterns of your choice
- Craft foam – full sheets (color of your choice)
- Craft foam – alphabet letters (color of your choice)
- Acrylic paint – black and colors of your choice for dry brush technique
- Paint brush
- Toothpick (to apply glue)
- Wire and beads
- Hole punch
- For this project, I found this package of 12 cardboard frames at my local Michaels store. This frame concept could be a fun group project!
- I like to make my patterns from cereal box cardboard so that I can keep them and use them for many projects. Trace your music themed icons onto craft foam with pencil.
- Cut along pattern lines with scissors. You’ll notice that I used a bright yellow craft foam but you will be painting over the craft foam so the color of foam does not matter.
- With pencil, lightly draw guide lines approximately 3/8″ apart on front of frame. You will be using these as gluing guides. Glue shapes onto frame.
- I cut my craft foam strips on my paper trimmer so that they are nice and straight.
- Determine spacing and cut the strips to fit around the music notes and treble clef. Glue in place on frame. Add alphabet lettering to create wording of your choice. Let glue dry.
- To color my frame, I first painted the entire surface with black. Let dry. Using a dry brush technique, paint the letters, treble clef and notes. I also used a dry brush to color the strips.To finish the frame, punch holes at the top, insert curled wire, add beads and attach through second hole. Tape picture to the back of frame.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Craft Foam Music Themed Frame.
Read NextPerky Painted DIY Frames
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.