Marvelous Dog Mosaic Frame
Celebrate your canine companion with a Marvelous Dog Mosaic Frame from Heidi Borchers. Mosaic craft projects are a unique way to add to your home decor. Use Cool2Cast to create a replica of your favorite pooch and a plain wooden frame as the canvas!
- Cool2Cast Fibre Plaster
- Foam board (I use Foam Core)
- Craft knife
- Waxed paper
- Plastic container with lid (for mixing Cool2Cast)
- Measuring cups
- Small spatula or palette knife
- Acrylic paints
- Wood Frame – base coated with black acrylic paint
- Glass and tile pieces
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Wheeled tile nippers
- Embellishments – dog motifs (I found in the scrapbooking department)
- With a pencil, draw shape onto the foam board.
- Place small pieces of scraps of foam board under the shape to help lift for cutting.
- Cut shapes with a craft knife.
- Glue the ear in place with the Aleene’s Tacky glue. Let dry.
- To lift shape above the table for pouring, Place shape on small scraps of the foam board.
- Mix the Cool2Cast in the plastic container according to directions on package. Pour the mixture on the shape.
- Tap the side of the shape with fingers, to smooth out and ‘settle’ the Cool2Cast for an even coat on top of the shape.
- Lift the shape with a small spatula onto a clean piece of wax paper.
- Using the spatula, carefully fix any area on the shape that did not get covered with the Cool2Cast.
- While the Cool2Cast is still wet, use the spatula to draw any details onto the shape.
- Let the Cool2Cast dry completely.
- Paint the shape with acrylic paints. Let dry. Glue onto the frame background. To mosaic the frame, glue pieces of glass and tiles onto the background using the Aleene’s Tacky Glue. Cut any pieces of glass or tile as needed using the tile nippers. Let glue dry.
- Dog shape before and after.
- Glue any additional embellishments on the top of the glass and tile. Let glue dry.
For a comprehensive video tutorial, check out How to Make a Dog Themed Mosaic Frame.
Read NextDollar Store Frame Makeovers
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.