Super Seashells Picture Frame Craft
Crafts with shells help you bring the beach home, no matter the temperatures outside. This Super Seashells Picture Frame Craft is a great home decor project that will add a relaxing, refined touch to your space. Whether you have some seashells leftover from your trip or you buy a few at your local craft store, you can create a frame with a beachy vibe. Picture frame craft ideas are a great way to save money because you can score cheap ones at your local dollar store or thrift shop. You can even recycle old frames you don't use anymore. Decorate the frame and give it a second life - it doesn't take much time at all.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Old plastic frame (in this case the frame used was blue)
- Selection of small sea shells
- Small natural colored wooden laser cut-out of a seahorse
- Brown, blue and yellow free form flat-sided bronze large hole freshwater pearl beads
- Acrylic paint in the following two colors: pale gold and white
- Heritage Kwick Crack
- Heritage Spray-on Contact Glue
- Bronze ink glimmer mist
- Water-based gloss varnish
- 10/32” paint brush
- Two small sponges use those that came from medicine bottles
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Give the frame an uneven wash with the pale gold paint. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Repeat step 1 and allow to dry thoroughly again.
- Add one coat of Kwick Crack to the frame and allow to dry overnight.
- Use the sponge to give the frame a wash with the white acrylic paint and allow to dry.
- Use the second sponge and the ink glimmer mist to highlight some areas of the frame and allow to dry.
- Spray the frame with the Spray-on Contact Glue and allow to dry thoroughly. This will prevent the paint from chipping.
- Add one coat of varnish and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Hot glue the sea horse, shells and pearl beads to the frame.
Read NextDollar Store Frame Makeovers
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Oct 31, 2017
Talk about your one of a kind designs. This project is really easy to complete. The hardest thing about it would be determining which seashell will become a part of the masterpiece. You can you store bought or if you are lucky enough to collect them yourself, this will be a treasure for sure.
Mar 31, 2017
I live in a small North Carolina coastal town and we can reach the Atlantic in under an hour. Every time we visit the beach I come back with a bucket full of shells that I never really know what to do with. This Super Seashells Picture Frame is something I think I can use all those shells with.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use