Super Seashells Picture Frame Craft
Crafts with shells help you bring the beach home, no matter the temperatures outside. This Super Seashells Picture Frame Craft is a great home decor project that will add a relaxing, refined touch to your space. Whether you have some seashells leftover from your trip or you buy a few at your local craft store, you can create a frame with a beachy vibe. Picture frame craft ideas are a great way to save money because you can score cheap ones at your local dollar store or thrift shop. You can even recycle old frames you don't use anymore. Decorate the frame and give it a second life - it doesn't take much time at all.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Old plastic frame (in this case the frame used was blue)
- Selection of small sea shells
- Small natural colored wooden laser cut-out of a seahorse
- Brown, blue and yellow free form flat-sided bronze large hole freshwater pearl beads
- Acrylic paint in the following two colors: pale gold and white
- Heritage Kwick Crack
- Heritage Spray-on Contact Glue
- Bronze ink glimmer mist
- Water-based gloss varnish
- 10/32” paint brush
- Two small sponges use those that came from medicine bottles
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Give the frame an uneven wash with the pale gold paint. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Repeat step 1 and allow to dry thoroughly again.
- Add one coat of Kwick Crack to the frame and allow to dry overnight.
- Use the sponge to give the frame a wash with the white acrylic paint and allow to dry.
- Use the second sponge and the ink glimmer mist to highlight some areas of the frame and allow to dry.
- Spray the frame with the Spray-on Contact Glue and allow to dry thoroughly. This will prevent the paint from chipping.
- Add one coat of varnish and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Hot glue the sea horse, shells and pearl beads to the frame.
Read NextDollar Store Frame Makeovers