Distressed Painted Frame
Give your home decor an antique feel with this Distressed Painted Frame. This distressed paint technique is easy enough for beginners to try. You will learn how to distress painted wood by testing it out on this picture frame. After this painting craft, you could even move up to bigger wooden objects with other distressed painting techniques. It is better to start small with DIY home decor than to mess up a larger decoration or piece of furniture because no one has the time or money to do that.
- FolkArt ® Home Decor™ Chalk - Cascade, 8 oz.
- FolkArt ® Home Decor™ Chalk - Java, 8 oz.
- FolkArt ® Home Decor™ Wax - Antiquing, 8 oz.
- Flea market frame
- 3/4” flat brush
- Soft cloth
- Basecoat frame with Java. Allow to dry.
- Basecoat over Java with Cascade. Allow to dry
- Lightly sand until the Java begins to show.
- Apply antique wax with brush. Allow to dry and then buff with cloth.