Decoupage Mixed Media Art Frame
Turn a plain clipboard into a decorative display piece in just a few easy steps. A Decoupage Mixed Media Art Frame from Tiffany Windsor can be displayed anywhere for a touch of class and elegance. Mixed media projects can truly stretch the limits of your creativity.
- Aleene’s Decoupage – Matte
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Clip board
- Foam brush
- Scrapbook paper (or cardstock) – 12″ x 12″ (three different complementary patterns of your choice)
- Mat board (cut slightly smaller than clipboard)
- Mini- frame (color of your choice – remove glass or plastic and insert matching scrapbook paper scrap into center of frame)
- Ribbon (color and width of your choice)
- Craft wire (to secure looped bow)
- Embellishment (to glue into frame)
- Wax paper
- Wet wipes
Remove clip from clipboard using screwdriver.
Lay board on back side of scrapbook paper and mark along outside with pencil. Cut along pencil line.
Moving quickly, brush Decoupage medium onto front of clipboard.
Brush Decoupage medium onto back of cut scrapbook paper. Lay into Decoupage medium on clipboard. Gently shift scrapbook paper around to line up cut edges.
Apply coat of Decoupage medium over top of paper. Use fingers to gently rub over entire surface to remove air bubbles. Smooth Decoupage medium with brush. Set aside to dry completely.
Cut mat board to desired side to fit on top of clipboard. Cut first layer of paper to fit over mat board. Decoupage the two layers together.
Cut another piece of paper slightly smaller and decoupage to top. Finish with coat of decoupage. You should now have two layers of paper decoupaged onto the mat board. Set aside to dry completely.
To layer the artwork, cut strip of ribbon to desired length to fit behind frame and extend approximately 2″ above mat board. Glue ribbon to front center leaving 2″ above mat board. Cut bottom of ribbon to points.
If needed, remove any protruding back pieces from frame. Glue frame centered over ribbon. Glue embellishment into frame. Let dry completely.
Clip artwork to clipboard with ribbon.
- Tie ribbon into looped bow, secure with wire. Attach to clip on clipboard.
For a comprehensive video tutorial, check out Aleene's Decoupage Clipboard Art Frame.