Easter Egg Door Decoration
Making this Easter Egg Door Decoration from Amanda Formaro is a fun and easy Easter craft. It's also great way to add spring door decor to any room in the house! Pick your favorite colors and get started!
- 3 paper mache ovals
- 12" long dowel
- Acrylic paint in pink, yellow, purple, green, black and white and various other colors of your choice
- 12" piece of jute (measure as it sits, not stretched out)
- 2 flat headed thumbtacks
- Hot glue gun
- Old toothbrush
- Acrylic sealer spray, matte finish
- Paint paper mache ovals, one pink, one purple and one yellow. Repeat with another coat and allow to dry completely.
- Paint the dowel with green paint and let dry completely.
- Decorate the eggs with various designs. We used a thin paintbrush to "draw" on flower shapes, and dipped the end of a paint brush into different colors of paint to dab on the flowers' centers. On the purple egg we dipped the end of a pencil eraser into white paint for the large polka dots and the end of a paint brush into purple, blue and yellow paint for the smaller dots. We painted criss cross stripes with a thin paint brush on the yellow egg using light blue, orange, green and purple paint.
- Dip the bristle tips of a toothbrush into some black paint that has been lightly thinned with a drop or two of water. Test your splattering ability on a piece of scrap paper before doing this on your clover. Hold toothbrush horizontally and drag your finger across the bristles, causing the paint to splatter spots wherever you aim it. When you are comfortable with this method, go ahead and splatter the entire surface of the dowel and all three eggs with black paint. Clean out toothbrush and repeat this method with white paint. Spray entire surface with acrylic sealer spray and let dry.
- Stretch out the jute and cut in half. Attach one of the pieces of jute to the back of the dowel with a thumtack, repeat process with other piece of jute at the other end of the dowel. Tie into a knotat the open ends, this is where it will hang from.
- Hang on your door!
Read NextJelly Bean Jar