Recycled Egg Carton Earrings
Your ideas for homemade earrings probably don't include egg cartons, right? Well change the way you think about DIY jewelry designs and create your own Recycled Egg Carton Earrings. These danglers are sophisticated, pretty and oh so versatile.
- Egg carton (fibre paper type)
- Tombow Dual Brush Pen – Turquoise
- Prima Chalk Ink – Pastel Blue, Pastel Yellow
- Small hole punch
- Fishhook earring findings
- Jewelry pliers
- Optional: spray sealer
- Cut desired shape from flat portion of egg carton.
- Using brush tip, apply turquoise ink on both front and back and on sides. Let dry.
- Apply chalk ink over turquoise ink, applying just enough color for a dry-brush effect. You only want to highlight the raised portions with the chalk ink. Let dry.
- Punch holes for jewelry findings.
- If desired, spray front and back with spray sealer in matte or gloss. Please note that it will take many coats to get a glossy finish on the earrings because the fiber paper really soaks it up!
- Attach fishhook earrings.