We are reaching the end of January, and I'm getting tired of wrapping the old scarf around my face to keep my nose, cheeks, and chin from falling off (as I write this, its -25C-13F). So, what better way to keep my face warm than a cowl? This Flexi Cowl is perfect for cold weather, and the lovely colors make it the perfect winter accessory for men and women alike. Make one for yourself and one for all your friends and family. They make wonderful gifts and are easy enough for crochet fans of all skill levels to make.
- 1-2 skeins light weight yarn (328 yards)
- 3.75mm hook crochet hook
- Make a chain of a multiple of 4 + 2 (mine was of 82).
- Row 1: ch 2 (counts as a sc), sc 1, * ch 2, skip 2, sc 2 * to the end.
- Row 2: ch 3 (counts as a dc), dc 1, * ch 2, skip 2, dc 2 * to the end.
- Repeat rows 1 and 2 until desired length, ending with a row 1.
- The cowl is a flexible cowl, since you can button it tight to look more like a scarf, or wear it looser around the neck.
To finish it, add the button on the edge. They should fit through the little holes.
Read NextBoho Crochet Shawl Pattern