Simple One Skein Wrap
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Using one skein of yarn you can make this fabulous wrap from Caron Yarns for you or a friend. It's an easy crochet pattern that you can make in no time. The cream color allows you to wear it with any outfit and makes it suitable for any time of year. This crochet shawl pattern looks great with a pair of pants and a nice blouse, or you can wear it to a nice evening out on the town. You'll love this crochet shawl so much that you'll want one in every color!
Wrap is worked horizontally (lengthwise).
For a longer or shorter wrap, work more or fewer beginning chains in multiples of 12. Each multiple of 12 will lengthen or shorten the wrap by about 2"/5cm.
For a wider or narrower wrap, work more or fewer repeats of Rows 2 and 3.
Crochet HookN/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeIn pattern, 3 pattern repeats = 16"/40.5cm and 7 rows = 8"/20.5cm. Note: One pattern repeat forms one "wave", and includes one dc7tog, 6 tr, and the ch-1 sps between them.
Finished SizeWrap measures approximately 24"/61cm wide x 68"/172.5cm long
Ch 159 loosely.
Row 1: Dc3tog working over 4th ch from hook and next 2 ch, ch 1, [tr in next ch, ch 1] twice, (tr, ch 1, tr) in next ch, [ch 1, tr in next ch] twice, ch 1, *dc7tog over next 7 ch, ch 1, [tr in next ch, ch 1] twice, (tr, ch 1, tr) in next ch, [ch 1, tr in next ch] twice, ch 1; repeat from * to last 4 ch, dc4tog over last 4 ch, turn—13 pattern repeats.
Row 2: Ch 3, dc in next ch-1 sp, [dc in next tr, dc in next ch-1 sp] 5 times, dc in next tr, *dc2tog over next 2 ch-1 sps (skipping the dc7tog in between), dc in next tr, dc in next ch-1 sp] 5 times, dc in next tr; repeat from * across to last ch-1 sp, dc2tog over last ch-1 sp and last dc3tog, turn.
Row 3: Ch 3, sk first dc2tog, dc3tog over next 3 dc, ch 1, [tr in next dc, ch 1] twice, (tr, ch 1, tr) in next dc, [ch 1, tr in next dc] twice, ch 1, *dc7tog over next 7 dc, ch 1, [tr in next dc, ch 1] twice, (tr, ch 1, tr) in next dc, [ch 1, tr in next dc] twice, ch 1; repeat from * to last 4 dc, dc4tog over last 4 dc, turn.
Repeat Rows 2 and 3 until piece measures 24"/61cm wide (or to desired width). Fasten off.
To make fringe, cut remaining yarn into strands 14–16"/35.5–40.5cm long. Holding 2 strands together, fold fringe in half. *Insert crochet hook from WS to RS in side edge of wrap, pull fold through, insert ends into fold and pull tight against edge; repeat from *, working across side edge. Repeat across other side edge.
Optional (knotted fringe): Draw one end of the 2 strands all the way through the piece, folding the strands in half, until all 4 ends are even, tie an overhand knot about 1"/2cm from side edge.
- Double crochet 2 together—[Yarn over, insert hook in next stitch and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] 2 times, yarn over and draw through 3 loops on hook.
- Double crochet 3 together—[Yarn over, insert hook in next stitch and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] 3 times, yarn over and draw through 4 loops on hook.
- Double crochet 4 together—[Yarn over, insert hook in next stitch and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] 4 times, yarn over and draw through 5 loops on hook.
- Double crochet 7 together—[Yarn over, insert hook in next stitch and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] 7 times, yarn over and draw through 8 loops on hook.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Simple One Skein Wrap
Potato Chip Scarf
Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
Granny Square Scarf Pattern
Persephone’s Meadow Keyhole Scarf Crochet Pattern
Moss Stitch Crochet Scarf Pattern
Chunky Crochet Mittens and Scarf
Boho Crochet Shawl Pattern
Unforgettable One Skein Scarf
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beautiful Mosaic Cross Craft from Broken Plates
- Free Pattern - Baby Sewing
- Block Blanket
- Bubbly Baby Cardigan
- Graham Cracker Teardrop Trailer Project
- Wood Modern Jewelry Holder
- No Sew Leather Hair Ties
- Lisa Rollins
- St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold Gift Card Holder
- Washi Tape Christmas Tree Decoration
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home