Potato Chip Scarf
Crocheting this potato chip scarf from Lion Brand Yarn is just like eating potato chips--you can't make just one! Make a bunch of these free crochet scarf patterns to give as Christmas gifts, but don't forget to make one for yourself. This crochet scarf pattern is great for beginners and makes a fun addition to any outfit. You could also mix and match colors to show off your school pride, your team spirit, or your favorite colors!
This free crochet scarf pattern is especially designed to add flair to any look. Easy and fast, you can add a pop (or a crunch) of color to any ensemble when you make this cute DIY scarf. If you are looking for a summer or spring scarf pattern, this lightweight idea would be a charming way to keep wearing scarves while avoiding the bulk of thicker, winter options.
- 1 ball Vanna's Choice Yarn: Rose
- Size J-10 (6 mm) Lion Brand Crochet Hook
Gauge: 13 dc + 6 rows = 4 in. (10 cm). BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
Scarf measures about 2 1/4 x 55 in.
- Ch 143.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across – 142 sc at the end of this row.
- Row 2: Ch 2 (counts as dc here and throughout), turn, 2 dc in first sc, *dc in next sc, 2 dc in next sc; rep from * across to last sc, dc in last sc – 214 dc at the end of this row.
- Row 3: Ch 2, turn, 2 dc in first dc, *dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc; rep from * across to last dc, dc in last dc – 322 dc at the end of this row.
- Row 4: Ch 2, 2 dc in first dc, *dc in next 2 dc, 2 dc in next dc; rep from * across – 431 dc at end of this row. Fasten off.
- Weave in ends.
Find more easy crochet patterns and projects for beginners in our collection of 50+ Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners.