Crochet Purse with Fringe
If you're looking for a free, easy crochet pattern for a bag, this one's for you! The crochet purse with fringe is both stylish and easy to make, and the fringe is just fabulous.
- M crochet hook
- Caron International’s Pizazz #0005 Meadow: 2 balls
- 1” toggle button
- 9” wide piece of cardboard (or book)
- Leaving a 8” end, chain 15.
- Row 1 (right side): Turn. Ch 1. Starting second ch from hook, sc in each ch 1 space across.
- Row 2: Turn. Ch 1. Skip first sc. Work 1 sc in back loop of each sc across including turning ch.
- Row 3: Turn. Ch 1. Slip first sc. Work 1 sc in front loop of each sc across including turning ch.
- Repeat Rows 2 & 3 until piece measures 5”. Break off.
- Repeat Purse back until piece measures 6½”.
- Shape sides of front flap: Dec 1 sc each end every row until 4 sts remain.
- Break off leaving a 6” end.
- Wind yarn around cardboard or book 26 times.
- Hold the bottom of the fronts and backs together, wrong sides facing, attach 7 fringes of two strands of yarn each evenly spaced so they join the front to the back.
- Attach 6 fringes of two strands evenly spaced to the front of the bag 1” above the lower fringe.
- Use the 8” from the starting chain to sew the sides of the purse.
- Make button loop using the 6” end. Sew on button. Strap: leaving a 6” end, ch 24 & break off leaving a 6” end.
- Using the 6” ends, sew the strap to the upper sides of the purse.
Read NextSilk Lace Crochet Bag Pattern