Jane Austen Book Club Tote
Are you and your friends starting a book club? Crochet this Jane Austen Book Club Tote to carry your favorite books with you! This lovely crocheted tote is easy to make and a great project for crochet fans of all skill levels. You could also use this crocheted tote bag as a purse or satchel for school. Work up this bag in the featured lovely shade of purple or use your favorite yarn color to make your own Jane Austen-style book tote bag.
- 4.50 Crochet Hook
- Tapestry or Wool Needle
- 8ply Yarn
- Measuring Tape
Approximately 10x11 inches (25x27 cm)
- I started by doing a Slip Knot. Then I crocheted 70 chain stitches.
- Chain 1, then skip 1 chain and single crochet into every chain. After making one row of single crochets, slip stitch both pieces together, but be sure not to twist it!
- Then I started making Puff Stitches!... I just love them, they always look so cute and are so fun to make! Start of by chaining 3, then crochet a Puff Stitch into the next stitch. Chain 2, skip 1 stitch then crochet a puff stitch. Continue doing this all the way around.
- After making 19 rows of puff stitch, I ended it off. Then taking my wool needle I sewed together the bottom of the 'round pouch'.
- Now it was time to get started on the strap. I made 6 chain stitches.
- I then started crocheting single crochets till the strap measured 125cm.
- Taking your wool needle again, attach the long strap to either side of the bag.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Crochet Bags"
Learn how to crochet a bag that you can carry wherever you go. You'll find free crochet bag patterns, crochet purse patterns and even a free tote bag pattern or two. There are styles to suit everyone, and of course you can make more than one!
Sign Up for More Free Projects