Warm Stripes Afghan
This quick and easy crochet afghan pattern features two color halves, striped throughout with a taupe color yarn. Bright spring colors of "Celery" and "Robin's Egg" create a warm afghan. Fringe is added at the end with a simple technique that anyone can master. Great for year-round comfort and warmth, this Warm Stripes Afghan can easily be made in any color combination of your choosing...and it makes a great project for beginners and advanced crocheters alike.
- 5 skeins Red Heart TLC "Essentials" yarn in Taupe (A)
- 2 skeins Red Heart TLC "Essentials" yarn in Robin Egg (B)
- 2 skeins Red Heart TLC "Essentials" yarn in Light Celery (C)
- 6.5 mm [US K-10½] crochet hook
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 14 sts = 4"; 12 rows = 4" in pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain gauge.
Throw is 45" x 55".
- With A, ch 191.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, *(skip next ch, sc in next ch, working backwards to the right, sc in previously skipped ch - 1 crossed-sc made); repeat from * across to last ch, sc in last ch.
- Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc in first sc, *work crossed-sc in next 2 sts; repeat from * across to last sc, sc in last sc. Fasten off A.
- [Repeating Row 2, work 2 rows with B, 2 rows with A.] 16 times.
- [Repeating Row 2, work 2 rows with C, 2 rows with A.] 17 times.
- Fasten off.
- Fringe: Matching colors of rows; cut 2 pieces, each 14" long, for each 2 rows of color. Holding lengths together, fold in half and pull folded end through edges of rows. Pull ends of lengths through folded loop and pull to tighten.
- Repeat to attach Fringe along each edge of Throw.
- Weave in ends.
Read NextLog Cabin Afghan