Shades of Pink Flowers Pillow
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
To complete a wonderful crochet look, make the Shades of Pink Flowers Pillow. Roseanna Beck uses beautiful crochet flowers to create this project. The Shades of Pink Flowers Afghan pairs perfectly with this pillow.
- 190 yds. Eggshell Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 220 yds. Spring Green Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 18 yds. Maize Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 40 yds. Baby Pink Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 40 yds. Pale Rose Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 40 yds. Petal Pink Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 20 yds. #445 DMC (25) Embroidery Thread
- G, H and I crochet hooks or size needed for guage
- Tapestry Needle
- 14” Fiberfilled Pillow
Gauge: Flower Motif measures 4 ¼ ” across
Size: 14” square
Stitch Guide: Chain (ch), Single Crochet (sc), Double Crochet (dc), Slip Stitch (sl st)
Front of Pillow:
Flower Motif: (Make 3 each Baby Pink Motifs, Pale Rose Motifs and Petal Pink Motifs)
Inside of Flower:
With maize and G hook leave a 30” strand of yard (for behind petals), ch 2, work 8 sc in 2nd ch
from hook, join to beg sc and fasten off.
With petal color and H hook (sc, 3 dc) in each sc around, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Using 30” strand of yarn (left behind flower petals) work in center of flower, *sc between 2 sc,
ch 3, cont. from * around evenly spacing 3 more ch 3 sps, join to beg sc and fasten off.
(4 ch 3 sps)
Rnd 1 – With G hook join spring green with a sl st in any ch 3 sp, *(sc, ch 3, sc) in same sp, ch 3,
cont. from * around, join to beg sc. (8 ch 3 sps)
Rnd 2 – Sl st into ch 3 sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in same sp, *ch 3, sc in next ch 3 sp, ch 3, (2 dc,
ch 3, 2 dc) in next ch 3 sp, rep from * around, join to top of beg ch 3.
Rnd 3 – Sl st into corner ch 3 sp, (sc, ch 3, sc) in same sp, *ch 3, sc in next ch 3 sp (2 times), ch 3,
(sc, ch 3, sc) in next ch 3 sp, rep from * around, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Rnd 4 – Join eggshell with a sl st in any ch 3 corner sp, ch 2, (dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in same sp, *dc in
each sc and 2 dc in each ch 3 sps across, (2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in next ch 3 corner sp, rep from
* around, join to top of beg ch 2 and fasten off.
When Flower Motif is complete make french knots in center of flower using DMC Embroidery
Joining Motifs to Join Strips: With eggshell whipstitch 3 motifs of same flower color to form a strip. Make 3 strips, 1 of each
Ending of Strips: (see diagram for strip numbers)
Rnd 1 – With matching flower color of strip and H hook start at lower right corner of strip (mark
this as the bottom of afghan), (sc, ch 2, sc) in ch 3 sp, ch 1, skip 1 dc, sc in next dc, rep
across, ch 1, sc in ch 1 sp before joining, ch 1, sc in joining, ch 1, sc in next ch 1 sp, ch 1,
rep pattern as established around entire strip, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Rnd 2 – Strip 1 – With spring green and H hook working along right edge of strip, starting at
bottom of strip sc in ch 2 sp of lower corner, ch 1, sc in next sp, ch 1, rep across edge
ending ch 1, sc in top ch 2 corner and fasten off.
Strips 2-8 – Rep as for Strip 1 on both edges of strips but not across top or bottom.
Strip 9 – Rep as for Strip 1 but on left edge only.
Joining of Strips: (see diagram for placement)
With spring green whipstitch strips together joining only scs together.
Back of Pillow:
Motifs (Make 9 with no flowers - 3 each of Baby Pink, Pale Rose and Petal Pink)
Rnd 1 – With petal color and G hook ch 2, work 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join to beg sc.
Rnd 2 - *(Sc, ch 3, sc) in same sp, ch 3, skip 1 sc, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next sc, rep from * around,
join to beg sc and fasten off.
Rnd 3 – With spring green rep directions as for Rnd 2 of behind petals.
Rnd 4 – Rep Rnd 3 of behind petals and fasten off.
Rnd 5 – With eggshell rep as for behind petals Rnd 4 and fasten off.
Joining of Motifs to Join Strips: Rep as for Front of Pillow.
Ending of Strips: Rep as for Front of Pillow.
Joining of Strips: Rep as for Front of Pillow.
Joining of Front and Back and Pillow Edging:
Rnd 1 – With H hook work edging through ch 2 sps of both front and back of pillow inserting
pillow form before finishing last side.
With spring green and starting at lower left ch 2 corner (sc, ch 1, sc) in ch 2 sp, ch
1, sc in next ch 1 sp, rep across, ch 1, sc in joining of strips, ch 1, rep pattern across to
next ch 2 corner, ch 1, (sc, ch 1, sc) in corner sp, working along long edge, ch 1, sc in ch 1 sp, ch 1, rep across to ch 2 corner sp, ch 1 (sc, ch 1, sc) in corner sp, rep this pattern
around entire afghan ending ch 1, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Rnd 2 – With eggshell and I hook starting at lower left ch 1 corner, work (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, sc) in
corner sp, skip 1 sc and 1 ch, work *(sc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next sc, skip 1 ch, 1 sc and 1 ch, rep
from * until next ch 1 corner, (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, sc) in corner sp, cont. pattern around entire
afghan, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This Pottery Barn Wall Organizer is an easy and fun way to get the look you love for less. A hanging wall organizer like this is… Continue reading: "Pottery Barn Wall Organizervideocam"
- Bold and Beautiful Catherines Wheel Crochet Throw
- Tropical Explosion Crocheted Afghan
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- 19 Bulky Yarn Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Updated Amish Bars Throw
- Bavarian Rainbow Afghan
- Under 6 Hours Crochet Throw Pattern
- Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Weekend-Wonder Giant Granny Square Throw
- Basketweave Twists Afghan
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Crochet Wildflower Pattern
- Crochet Easter Egg Applique
- Onward And Upward Scrap Afghan
- Headband Pattern
- Stress Relieving Easter Egg
- Westcott 100 Watt Glue Gun
- Screen-Print Pendants
- Crochet Dainty Pop Flower Square
- Rainbow Bunting
- How To Sew A Face Mask
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home