Merry Mantle Holly Leaf Garland
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Felt, glue and wire come together easily to fashion this garland that is a twist on traditional garland."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- The supplies listed will make a pretty dense 9-foot felt holly leaf garland with leaves that measure 4? by 2.5?
- 2 yards of felt.
- 2 paddles of 22 gauge green florist wire ( ended up needing only half of the second paddle,so depending on the length of your garland you may only need 1)
- 3 bottles of Fabric Glue
- Paper to make your pattern
Decide on the size and shape of your leaf and cut a pattern out of card stock, cardboard or other stiffer than usual paper. (A cereal box would be great!)
Pin the pattern to your felt and start cutting MANY leaves out. I used 2 layers of felt each time I cut so that those 2 pieces would align when I glued them together. For my 9 foot garland, I cut 200 pairs of leaves out.
Cut your wire so that it will be as long as your leaf, with 4 inches extra. For my garland, I cut my wire pieces 8? long.
Glue your leaves together, with a piece of wire running the length of your leaf.
Once you have your leaves made and theyve dried, its time to make your garland. This is the very quick part of the craft. Grab 2 wired leaves and twist them together.
Then go down a bit and add a third. I varied how close I would add the leaves and if I would add a pair of leaves together or not.
I made my garland in 2 segments, so that the finished ends would be at either end of the garland and the unfinished twisted wire pieces would be wired together in the middle. This is where I added my red ribbon.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Retro Folded Paper Tabletop Christmas Tree
- Glitter Antlers Christmas Tablescape
- Three Wise Men Light Up Wall Decor
- Beautiful Paper Tabletop Christmas Trees
- Glass Jar Christmas Centerpieces
- Wooden Angel Wings
- Waterless Snow Globe Craft
- Christmas Star DIY Luminaries
- Christmas Tree Felt Advent Calendar DIY
- Santa Claus Macrame Door Decor
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Scrubbie
- Easy Punch Needle (and More!) With The Cricut Maker
- Golden Maple Fall Scarf
- Peppermint Pedicure Bath Bomb Recipe
- Large Paper Mache Vintage Decoupage Bowl
- Coffee Topiary
- Granny Square Blanket Cardigan
- Cozy Cotton Crochet Throw
- Iced Coffee Cup Cozy
- Water Bottle Holder
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home