48 Tabletop Christmas Tree Ideas
Creative Christmas trees for small spaces can be found right here.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Tabletop Christmas tree ideas shouldn't be hard to come by. Whether you're looking for a cute way to decorate your tabletop or your mantel...or if you're limited on space and are looking for creative ways to decorate for the holidays without taking up too much precious room, you're going to love this festive collection of tabletop trees. Learn how to make a mini Christmas tree that will look adorable on any surface of the house. These small trees are just waiting to be brought to life by your hands.
From yarn to paper, there are tons of clever ways to create your own mini Christmas tree. Broken down into three popular categories (yarn, paper, and fabric), this collection will teach you how to make a tree with whatever you happen to have on hand!
The great thing about these mini trees is that most of them can be out on display all year long. Take the Felt Sweater Christmas Trees, for example. Made with old felt sweaters or leftover felt scraps, these mini trees are great for Christmas, but they can easily remain out on display all winter long.
These trees may be mini in size, but they're filled with lots of holiday spirit! Decorate your tabletop, mantel, and more with these tabletop trees!
Table of Contents
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas and we've got just the collection to decorate your home both inside and out! With more than 100 projects and ideas to see, this is the best collection for those who just love decorating for the holidays: 123 Easy Christmas Crafts for Adults
How to Make a Yarn Christmas Tree
- Crocheted Christmas Trees
These cute crocheted Christmas trees are great for beginning crochet fans. Embellish your trees with little ornaments made of buttons for a cute holiday look.
- Pom Pom Yarn Christmas Trees
Simply wrap up Styrofoam trees with Red Heart Yarn's Spark-a-Doodle yarn to give your tabletop trees a fun whimsical look. This project can be done in minutes!
- Crocheted Christmas Tree Duo
These mini crocheted Christmas trees would look great sitting on your mantel. Make a whole forest of festive holiday trees with this simple crochet pattern.
- Styrofoam and Crochet Fir Trees
These trees may be simple, but they will add a special touch of Christmas class to your decor. Learn how to make a mini tree in a variety of colors with this simple pattern.
- Tissue Paper and Yarn Trees
This simple mini tree will take you mere minutes to assemble. Simple colors come together to create a lovely centerpiece that is sure to impress.
- Easiest Ever Yarn Wrapped Tabletop Tree
If you have some leftover yarn and you're looking for a quick way to make a crafty tree, this is the perfect project! Add gold baubles for the perfect decorative touch.
- Pom Pom DIY Christmas Tree
Give your tree a more Seussical feel when you add pom pom ornaments to your yarn-wrapped tree! This beautiful project is easy and lovely to make, and the kids can help!
When the weather outside is frightful, spend a warm evening indoors working up one of these patterns! Great for last-minute gift ideas and stocking stuffers, these projects are easy to make for all crochet fans. View the collection: 34 Easy Crochet Christmas Gifts
How to Make a Christmas Tree with Paper
- Frilly Paper Trees
These frilly mini trees are perfect for adding a festive touch to your mantel or desk. Made with bright card stock and a simple form, these trees can be made in no time.
- Whimsical Paper Christmas Tree
Turn all those paper scraps into a colorful paper tree! This adorable mini Christmas tree is a fun and simple way to decorate for the holiday.
- Dazzling Christmas Centerpiece
All that leftover wrapping paper can be transformed into this Dazzling Christmas Centerpiece. Make a mini Christmas tree in a variety of colors and patterns for a centerpiece that really pops!
- Scrapbook Paper Christmas Tree
Have you been saving holiday paper scraps? Finally put them to use with this cute paper tree. This is also a great way to use up wrapping paper and old Christmas cards.
- Holiday Tree Centerpiece
Need a quick table centerpiece for Christmas? This Holiday Tree Centerpiece is super easy to make and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes.
- Mini Scrapbook Paper Christmas Tree
Curly paper adds a whimsical feel to the finished project when you make this tutorial! The completed tree almost looks like ribbon.
- Modern Holiday Tree Centerpiece
Love to paint? These trees are as simple as grabbing your favorite metallic paints and covering paper mache bases with happy holiday hues.
- Retro Folded Paper Tabletop Christmas Tree
Did you ever make these trees as a kid? This is a great project to do in front of the TV or while listening to an audiobook!
- Folded Book Christmas Tree
Learn how to make this traditional project just like they used to make with old Reader's Digests! Buttons and garlands make the perfect embellishments, and they look lovely on candlestick bases!
- Beautiful Paper Tabletop Christmas Trees
This article includes a few different ways to make paper trees this holiday. The accordion folded trees are unique and so easy to make.
- Coloring Page DIY Tabletop Christmas Tree
Wondering what to do with old coloring pages? Your answer is here! Decoupage them onto a wooden base for a unique and bright tabletop tree.
- Cardboard Christmas Tree
Grab cardboard from the recycle bin and turn them into new mantel decor with this adorable tutorial! Get the kids involved with this one!
- Evergreen Glittery Christmas Tree
This adorable tree is made using accordion-folded strips of pastel cardstock and curled into the spiral shape of the tree. Must add glitter!
- Glowing Paper DIY Christmas Tree
Print out the free template for this adorable tree and get the kids involved with painting and decorating their trees.
- DIY Pinata Christmas Trees
Make adorable whispy trees using fringe tissue paper. The black and white colors chosen for this tutorial are effortlessly elegant!
- Papier Mache Christmas Trees
Cut pretty patterned papers into strips to make this festive tree! Kids will love playing with the gluey paper, and the finished results look so nice.
- Paper DIY Christmas Tree
Cut paper squares of varying sizes up from scrap paper and turn them into a beautiful tree. This is a fantastic idea for book lovers and librarians!
- Gift Wrapped DIY Tabletop Christmas Trees
Got leftover wrapping paper? Make this adorable project! With the help of some pom pom ribbon and buttons, these trees come together easily and look so fun.
- Toilet Paper Roll Tabletop Christmas Tree
Time to start saving toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls! This eco-friendly tree is a great activity for a cold December day!
- Paper Rosette Trees
Put on your favorite Hallmark Christmas movie and start making roses! This darling tree is so pretty when finished!
- Trees in Silver and Gold
Silver and gold are classic Christmas colors. Because they're metallic, they're an effortless way to bring elegance into your Christmas decorating.
Mini Christmas Tree Decorations with Fabric
- Felt Sweater Christmas Trees
These cuddly trees are made with leftover felt sweaters or felt scraps. Perfect to have out all winter long, these cute trees are a great way to use up fabric scraps.
- Recycled Sweater Mini Trees
An old unwanted sweater can become cute holiday decor with this mini Christmas tree pattern. Embellish these sweater trees with sequins and glue-on rhinestones to give them a sparkle!
- Fabric Wrapped Christmas Trees
Leftover fabric scraps can be put on display with this lovely mini tree trio centerpiece. Learn how to make a mini Christmas tree with all your lacy and feminine fabric scraps.
- Faux Fur Tabletop Christmas Trees
This beautiful project is a simple sewing pattern with interchangeable covers that you can switch out depending on the time of year and which texture you prefer!
- Vintage Christmas Mini Trees
Hello there fringe! This is a stunning project with vintage vibes that will make your Christmas extra nostalgic.
- Repurposed Sweater Christmas Trees
Don't throw out those sweaters! Repurpose them into your new favorite tabletop Christmas trees.
- Needle Felted Christmas Tree
If you have leftover wool from your last needlefelting project or you simply love the soft elegance of this tree, be sure to learn how to make this pattern!
- Upcycled Denim Christmas Trees
Repurpose old jeans! Make a country chic set of Christmas trees when you use the hems of old jeans to make this project.
- Hair Scrunchie Trees
Speaking of repurposing, if you haven't worn those scrunchies since the 90s, it's time to turn them into something wild like this adorable project!
Other Small Christmas Tree Ideas
- Mini Beaded Christmas Trees
A simple form and a strand of colorful sparkly beads come together to create these cute mini trees. Great for Christmas and New Year's, this centerpiece is sparkly and fun.
- Baubles Christmas Tree
Gather up those tiny ornaments and turn them into a glamourous mini Baubles Tree. This is a fun table topper and is great for those who don't have room for a full-sized Christmas tree.
- Country Christmas Pine Trees
You'll never guess what these trees are made out of! (Hint: they weigh less than you think!)
- Whimsical Thread Spool Christmas Trees
This absolutely adorable tree is perfect for the sewing room! If you have a seamstress in your household, make this for her this season.
- Tin Can Succulent Christmas Tree
How about a metal Christmas tree filled with everyone favorite perennials? Upcycle tin cans to make this project.
- DIY Flower Pot Christmas Tree Decor
Use a terra cotta pot to make this adorable Christmas tree! The little wire suspending the ornaments makes this a modern cute project.
- Painted Terracotta Christmas Tree
Get the kids involved with this one! Use terra cotta pots in three different sizes to make this tree, and glue on jingle bells for ornaments!
- Breathtaking Tomato Cage Tree
This is a great tree for lovers of DIY! Use metal rods as the triangular base for your tree and wrap evergreen garland around the structure for your very own DIY tree.
- Driftwood Christmas Tree Craft
Calling all beach lovers! This beautiful tree is the perfect accent to your holiday decor if you live near the ocean.
- Christmas Dreaming Mini Tree
With the help of twine and all of your favorite embellishments, you can make an easy tree with a whimsical air.
- Recycled Bedspring and Spool Tree
This is amazing! Bust out that stash of spools from all your sewing and make a fresh base for your tree out of a bedspring of all things! The result is the perfect crafty tree.
What is your favorite Christmas decoration to put up each year?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Santa Claus Macrame Door Decor
- The Prettiest Fabric Ornaments
- Repurposed Cabinet Door Jingle Bell Sign
- Sparkling Gems DIY Ornaments
- Spiral Beaded Christmas Trees
- Gold Dipped Winter Flower Box
- Easiest Ever Yarn Wrapped Tabletop Tree
- Itty Bitty Glam Trees
- Glitter Antlers Christmas Tablescape
- Shiplap Christmas Ornament Display Idea
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Toilet Paper Pumpkins
- Homemade Lavender Linen Spray
- DIY Halloween Mixed Media Wine Bottles
- Crocheted Sleeveless Baby Dress Pattern
- Layered Fabric Flowers Tutorial
- Easy DIY Halloween Potion Bottles
- Simply Charmed DIY Necklace
- DIY Baby Shower Cake Topper
- Freestyle Die Cutting Machine
- DIY Spellbook Halloween Craft
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home