Country Christmas Pine Trees
These Country Christmas Pine Trees are a subtle and sweet way to bring a little touch of winter into your home this season. This project is a great way to fine-tune your painting skills and you can combine it with other DIY Christmas decor to create a little seasonal scene that will get your home in the spirit of the season.
This Christmas craft idea is absolutely adorable and will add so much charm to your home this Christmas, it's unbelievable. Don't hesitate a moment longer to try this country Christmas craft that will leave your home looking the merriest it ever has. Wood crafts like these are especially fun when you're on the hunt for painting ideas related to the holidays.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam
- Sheets: (2) 1”x12”x36”
- Discs: (3) 6”
- Acrylic Paint: Forest Green, White, Medium Brown, Dark Brown
- Craft Sticks
- FloraCraft® StyroCutter® Plus
- Make It: Fun® Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Paint Brush
Check out this project and other great DIY Christmas crafts in our free eBook 20 Easy DIY Holiday Projects!
- Print templates on cardstock and cut out. Pin the templates to the foam sheets and trace with black marker. Cut out the trees using the serrated knife. Following the package instructions, carefully carve ripples in the edges of the tree fronts using the StyroCutter® Plus. This gives a carved wood look to the foam trees. Also carve ripples into the edges of the trunks.
- Paint the trees green and the trunks medium brown as shown and let dry. To give the trees a snow-covered look, lightly brush white paint over the green, letting the green show through. Repeat over tree trunks with dark brown paint to add dimension.
- Glue craft sticks into the bottom of the tree trunks leaving 1” sticking out. Glue the other end into the center of the foam discs to display.
For more super cute Christmas crafts, get inspired by 18 Wonderful Reindeer Crafts to Make the Holidays Merrier.