Three Kings Christmas Card
This unique Christmas card on the theme of Three Kings uses Friendly Plastic to create the crown embellishments. Do something different with Friendly Plastic with this great Christmas card craft. Check out Mylene's other Friendly Plastic card craft, the Unique Florals card.
- Friendly Plastic: Red/Black, Dark Teal/Black and Gold/Black
- Krafty Lady Art Mould AM344 3 Crowns
- White card 5 ½” x 9” (scored and folded in half)
- Gold Mirror Board 4 ¾ x 3 ¾”
- Dark Green card stock 5 ½” x 4 ½” and a scrap
- Gold rub ons
- Cream organza ribbon x 12”
- Pronged gold studs
- Gold Rub ‘n Buff
- Black acrylic paint
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Textile Texture
- Silicone adhesive, double sided tape
- Heat tool
- Paint brush
- Bowl of cool water
- Cut a piece of each of the 3 different coloured sticks of Friendly Plastic® slightly larger than the mould cavity. Working with one piece at a time, place the Friendly Plastic® foil side down over one of the crowns. Heat with the heat tool until the plastic begins to slump down into the mould.
- Wet your fingers with water and push the Friendly Plastic® down into the mould until all the nooks and crannies are filled. Plunge the mould and Friendly Plastic® into the bowl of water and allow to cool for 30 seconds. The crown will easily pop out of the mould.
- Mould the other crowns using the two remaining colours of Friendly Plastic.
- Texture the mirror board and green card by running them through the Cuttlebug. Squeeze a small amount of Rub ‘n Buff onto a Kleenex and apply it to the texture of the green card. Attach to the white card with double sided tape and set aside.
- Paint the gold mirror board with black acrylic paint. Allow the paint to lightly dry. Once the paint has turned from glossy to matt, gently wipe away the excess paint leaving it in the crevices. Don’t leave it to dry too long or the paint will be difficult to remove.
- Wrap the organza ribbon around the mirror board and secure on the back with double sided tape. Evenly space the studs along the ribbon to help hold it in place. Attach with double sided tape to the green card.
- Use silicone adhesive to attach each of the crowns to a corner of the card as shown.
- Apply the rub on words to the scrap of green card and attach to the bottom right hand corner of the card front.
Project courtesy of Myléne Hillam, Mill Lane Studio www.milllanestudio.com
Read NextChristmas Door DIY Greeting Card