Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
Christmas Door DIY Greeting Card
Learn how to make Christmas cards at home with this easy and lovely tutorial.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Make a DIY Christmas card that is effortlessly elegant and lovely when you follow this tutorial. There is no better greeting than a festive door! Learn how to create a lovely holiday wreath card that is simple and sweet. By using foam shapes and shiny foils, you can create a little wreath in the center of a welcoming door. There is nothing more inviting! You'll love how easy this project is to make, and your loved ones will adore receiving a handmade card this holiday.
Be sure to ENTER TO WIN the Keepsake Paper Crafting Giveaway to use while making this project! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in the 12 Days of Christmas!
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedCardstock
Project TypeMake a Project
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L:
- 3D Foam Circles White
- Thin 3D Foam Squares Black
- Adhesive Dots Medium Ultra Thin
- 3D Foam Creative Embellishment Kit with Foil
- Cardstock: grey, green
- Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Wild Hare pigment ink
- Microbeads: Silver
- Dies: Spellbinders Labels Four and Labels Four Small, Standard Circles LG and Standard Circles Sm
- Ribbon: Black and White striped ¼ inch wide
Using light grey paper, cut a card base to 5 ½ x 4 ¼ inches.
Cut six squares to 1 ½ inches, and six squares to 1 ¼ inches.
Ink the edges of all the squares with a grey ink that’s close to the color of the cardstock.
Add Thin 3D Foam Squares Black to the back sides of all the squares.
Remove the liners from the adhesive on the smaller cardstock squares and center them onto the larger cardstock squares.
Remove the liners from the adhesive on the larger squares and arrange onto the card base slightly offset to the left side. This leaves room for the door knob.
Die cut a wreath shape from green cardstock using two round dies nested together. I like to tape them together, so they don’t move. This one measures 2 ⅛ inches on the outside, 1 ½ inches on the inside circle.
Add 3D Foam Circles White Regular to the wreath shape, starting with four equally spaced. Then add 4 more between them. Fill in the spaces with 3D Foam Circles White Small (you get both sizes in the package).
Remove the liners from Circles on the wreath. Apply Green Foil from the 3D Foam Creative Embellishment Kit, position the foil with the green side facing up. Touch the bottom side of the foil to the adhesive and gently rub to transfer the color. Peel away the foil sheet.
Tie a bow with ribbon, I used a ¼ inch wide ribbon. Add Adhesive Dots Medium Ultra Thin to the back side of the bow and adhere it to the wreath.
Trim the tails of the ribbon and add an Adhesive Dot near the end of each tail and adhere it so the tails are positioned as desired.
Add two Adhesive Dots to the back of the wreath, remove the liners, position at the top four panels of the door card.
To make the door handle, die cut or punch a small shape from a 3D Foam Creative Embellishment Kit sheet. I used two small shapes. Remove the top liner from the foam shapes and add Silver Foil as directed in Step 9. Remove the back liner from the smaller shape and adhere on top of the larger shape. Remove the bottom liner from the larger shape and adhere to the door card slightly below the center on the right side, as shown.
Remove one 3D Foam Circle White Regular from the sheet. Pour silver micro beads into a small container (I use a cupcake liner) and press the beads into the adhesive until it’s covered. Remove the liner from the back side and position on top of the silver piece as a door knob.
If you love this project, find more lovely ideas in 20 Celebration Crafts for Every Occasion
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of December 24th, 2018.
- Email Address provided in your account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until December 23rd, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
Describe the last homemade card you made!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This Rustic Coffee Filter Wreath is a beautiful home decor item for the fall. It's easy to make and looks great hanging by a mantel… Continue reading: "Rustic Coffee Filter Wreathvideocam"
- Christmas Door DIY Greeting Card
- Recycled Christmas Cards with Crochet
- Homemade Poinsettia Christmas Card
- Recycled Christmas Cards
- Beaded Reindeer Card
- Old World Santa Card
- Copic Penguins Christmas Card
- Christmas Snow Globe Shaker Card Tutorial
- Pretty Poinsettia DIY Christmas Card
- Window Christmas Card
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Install Bag Feet
- Book Pages Feather Embellishments
- Flared T-shirt Free Pattern
- Black Cat Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Halloween Bunting
- Diy Fall Wall Hanging
- Washi Tape Ornaments
- Godzilla Blanket
- How To Pick Fabric For A Quilt
- How To Make A Witch Hat For Halloween Or Cosplay
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home