Gumdrop Card Holders
Add some whimsy to your holidays with terra cotta pots turned into Gumdrop Card Holders. These are perfect for a holiday party or meal, or use to display photos. If you're in need of Christmas table decoration ideas, you'll fall for this creative and interesting project. Add a fun touch to traditional Christmas table settings and include these delightful place card holders. This will make seating a breeze when it comes time to sit down. Instead of focusing on who will sit next to whom, you can celebrate, relax and enjoy your Christmas meal.
- DecoArt Patio Paint
- DCP25 - Citrus Green
- DCP28 - Fiesta Yellow
- DCP43 - Holly Berry Red
- Snow-Tex DAS9 - Snow-Tex
- Glamour Dust DAS37 - Glamour Dust Crystal
- Palette Knife DT02 - Palette Knife
- #12 flat brush
- 3/4" wood bead for each holder
- 12" piece of 24-gauge craft wire for each gumdrop
- Low-temp hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 1.9" standard terra cotta pots
- Use palette knife to coat inverted pots with Snow-Tex.
- Paint wood beads with Holly Berry Red, Citrus Green, and Fiesta Yellow and #12 flat brush.
- While paint is wet, sprinkle with Crystal Glamour Dust.
- For each holder, thread one end of wire through bead and twist to secure. Thread other end of bead through pot hole from the inside. Secure with low-temp hot glue. Use fingers to curl wire as desired.
- Let paint dry between steps.