Recycled Leather Belt Bracelets
You can learn how to make bracelets from old leather belts with this Recycled Leather Belt Bracelets craft. Heads will turn when you wear bracelet patterns like this one. You'll be even more proud of your homemade bracelets because they are also recycled crafts, which means you're supporting the environment with your fashion. Learning how to make a bracelet was never easier than making these recycled leather pieces. You won't have to go through any hassle of beads and wires with this jewelry project.
Primary TechniqueJewelry Making
- Measuring tape
- Leather belt
- Heavy-duty scissors
- Leather punch (I used a Crop-A-Dile)
- Hemp cord
- 1/2-inch flat button (two-hole)
- Craft glue
- Measure loosely around your wrist using a measuring tape. Cut a section from your belt using this measurement and heavy-duty scissors. If one end of the section is from the pointed end, cut this end off straight to match the other end. This is your cuff strip.
- Measure down 1/4 inch from the center of one end on the cuff strip. Using a leather hole punch, punch two holes at this center measurement, spaced 1/4 inch apart. Repeat on the other end of the leather cuff strip.
- Cut two 12-inch lengths from hemp cord.
- Insert the ends of one hemp cord through the button holes of a 1/2-inch button with two holes, with the ends on the back of the button. Inset the cord ends through the punched holes on one end of the cuff strip, from the front to the back. Bring the ends together on the back of the strip and tie in a knot. Cut off the excess on the ends of the knot. Apply a dot of craft glue over the knot to prevent it from coming undone.
- Fold the remaining cord in half. Tie an overhand knot 1 inch from the folded end. This will create a loop. Insert the ends of the tied cord through the holes on the other end of the cuff strip, from the front to the back. Bring the ends together on the back of the strip and tie in a knot. Cut off the excess on the ends of the knot. Apply a dot of craft glue over the knot to prevent it from coming undone.
To wear the cuff, wrap the cuff strip around your wrist, bringing the ends together. Slide the hemp loop over the button to hold.
Read NextRecycled Paper Bag Bracelets