Love Letter Bottles
Looking for a fun upcycled craft to make from old glass bottles? Create Love Letter Bottlesfrom Melony Bradley. This is a fun way to show someone you care! Get creative and write inspiring notes to loved ones.
- Small glass bottles
- Sizzix's Tim Holtz Hardware Findings die
- National Nonwovens brown felt
- Aleene's Collage Pauge
- I used those mini "airplane" sized wine bottles to make an embellished letter keeper that I can display. I attached a cord to the inside lid so that when the lid is removed, the letter comes out. Sort of a message in a bottle type thing.
- I used Sizzix's Tim Holtz Hardware Findings die to cut the key hole from National Nonwovens brown felt. Vintage dictionary pages provide a fitting background and embossed metal sheets from Walnut Hollow provide a small border. My favorite part of making these was searching through old book pages to come up with fitting phrases that describe the theme of each love letter. I used Aleene's Collage Pauge to apply these to painted Patera Findings.
- My second favorite part was embellishing the lids with paint, beads and pearls. The keys are a scrapbook embellishment find from K and Company. They ensure that my old love letters are safe, under lock and key.