We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Lace Victorian Hat DIY Craft Project will remind you of photos of fine ladies taking their afternoon Sunday strolls. Create DIY craft projects from lace and discover how easy it is to construct your pattern. This hat is quite elegant with all its plumes, pearls, sequins and other trims. Craft lace ideas can help you add style and class to any old craft projects. The lace gloves that go with the hat help you get into the spirit of the Victorian era. The feathers and bird embellishment make this hat a true stand out. When your own hat to a picnic or to church - no matter what, people are sure to stop and stare at your creation.
Project Type: Make a Project
Time to complete: Weekend project
Sewn by: Both Hand and Machine
- Stiffen & Stiffen2
- Chicken wire from MD Hobby & Craft
- Metal working gloves from MD Hobby & Craft
- Lace yardage and lace trim
- Pearl, braid, cording trims
- Draft pattern.
- Press lace yardage onto Stiffen.
- Cut crown & hat body pieces from lace/Stiffen
- Cut brim shape from chicken wire using gloves.
- For brim-layer: 11" square of lace right side down, 11" square of Stiffen2, center chicken wire brim shape, 11" square of Structure2, 11" square of lace-right side up. Using press cloth, fuse all layers securely together according to instructions for fusibles - your brim now has lace on top and bottom and the chicken wire allows some shaping as desired.
- Cut brim from created layered fabric from pattern.
- Sew hat body pieces together all around to from circle by machine or hand-lace/fabric side out.
- Sew crown onto hat body by hand
- Brim - clip from center to brim as per pattern, glue to inside of hat, glue fabric/ribbon strip around inside to cover and make nicely finished.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lettering and Doodling on a Pumpkin
- Floral Painted Pumpkin
- Crochet Cross Hatch Stitch Cowl
- DIY Polymer Clay Tea Light Candle Holder
- FREE Sewing Pattern: Halloween Witch Hat
- Skillet Handle Potholder
- 47 Christmas Knitting Patterns
- Crafts for Charity: 10 Ways to Give Back
- How to Make an Origami Crane Video
- Easy Origami Jumping Frog
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home