Stunning Sugar Skull Clock
Learn how to make a clock that is bright and beautiful for your home.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Make this quick and easy Cinco de Mayo Clock tutorial! I love to decorate my office for the holidays, but I to decorate with functional items. This clock project is perfect because it is beautiful to look at and serves a purpose in my office. This project only took me about 2 hours to complete and I think it provides quite an impact on my space. This is such a easy and fun project! I hope this gives you some ideas on how to decorate your space for Cinco de Mayo!"
Making your own DIY wall art can set your space apart from everyone else’s. Craft projects like the Stunning Sugar Skull Clock are true art (even if they are secretly easy to make). Whether you are throwing a Day of the Dead or Cinco de Mayo party or just want to add some Mexican-inspired art to your home, this how to make a clock tutorial is sure to find a place on your walls. Bright and colorful, this craft project idea is ideal for adding a flash of bright color to your home.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
HolidayCinco de Mayo
- Fairfield Brand Oly*Fun Metallic Fabric in gold, Red, and Rose Gold
- Therm-O-Web Super Tape
- Sugar Skull Wood Blank
- Sabor Papel Amor Collection Floral Cardstock
- Glue gun
- Plastic gems
- Paper adhesive
Foam adhesive tape
- Clock kit
Place Sugar Skull on top of floral paper and trace the cutouts.
Cut the design from the paper and adhere the paper to the top of the wood sugar skull
Cut 2"x24" inch strips of the Oly*Fun fabric and apply Therm-O-Web Super Tape to one side of the back of the fabric strip.
Fold the fabric strip in half lengthwise so it touches the adhesive tape and stays in place.
Cut fringe size cuts in the non adhesive side of the fabric and roll into a flower shape.
Adhere fabric flower to the sugar skull with a glue gun.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Create a beautiful hand-stitched cloth napkin for your home with this Adorable Hand Stitched DIY Tea Towels tutorial. If you're a big… Continue reading: "Adorable Hand Stitched DIY Tea Towelsvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Brown Sheep Synchrony Yarn
- How to make Lavender Bags
- Small Zipper Pouch
- Organizer Sewing Pattern
- One Evening Beanie
- Simple Mittens
- Ruffled Shawlette
- Emil, the Preemie Crochet Octopus
- Eyelet Crochet Bag
- Lemon Squeezy Baby Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home