Religious Wall Canvas Art
Showcase your favorite quote or Biblical reference with this Religious Wall Canvas Art. Great for displaying in your living room or family room, this lovely personalized canvas art piece is the perfect way to share a phrase or quote that's important to you and your family. This sweet canvas would also be a lovely and inspirational addition to a baby's room or nursery.
- Inspirational quote of your choice (for this project, the quote “God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him” from Jim Elliot was used)
- 7.4” x 9.4” canvas
- Jablo Stamps: Best of Butterflies (BB059) and Krismisroos stamp (PF 045)
- Paper Seal
- Deco-Art glue
- Quick-drying clear matt spray varnish
- Acrylic paint in the following six colors: flesh; powder blue; sweet memories (bright pink); plum; white and pale gold
- Colored felt-tip pens: blue; purple and yellow
- 1” wide cream-colored lace
- 10/32” paint brush
- Fan-shaped paint brush
- Pair of standard scissors
- Old cloth
- Few sheets of old newspapers to protect the working area
- Give the canvas a wash with the flesh and sweet memories paint.
- Use the 10/32” brush to paint a strip of Deco-Art glue directly onto the canvas and glue the lace onto the left side of the canvas. Paint Deco-Art glue over the lace as well and use the hairdryer to dry the lace.
- Print the quote and use the 10/32” brush to paint a thin layer of Paper Seal over the quote.
- Dry the quote thoroughly with the hairdryer and cut it to the correct size.
- With the 10/32” brush, paint a substantial amount of Deco Art Glue to the back of the quote. Turn the quote around and put it in position on the canvas, but do not press it down.
- With the brush, spread glue to the front of the quote, lightly applying pressure so that it will stick to the canvas.
- Working from the middle of the quote, and from inside towards the outside, rub out all the air bubbles and excess glue from the back of the quote. Use an old cloth to gently clear any excess glue from the canvas.
- Use the hairdryer to dry the picture thoroughly.
- Use the butterfly stamps, the powder blue paint and the plum paint to add some stamped butterflies to the canvas.
- Use the Krismisroos stamp and cut the flowers loose from one another. Use the stamps to add white flowers to the canvas.
- Allow all the stamped images to dry thoroughly.
- Use the yellow and purple colored felt-tip pens to add some detail to the white flowers.
- Use the blue and purple colored felt-tip pens to add dots all over the canvas.
- Use the fan-shaped brush to add some powder blue and pale gold detail to the canvas.
- Apply one coat of the quick-drying spray varnish. Allow to dry thoroughly and apply a second coat.