Be Mine Decoupage Canvas
Decorate your home with a Be Mine Decoupage Canvas from Samantha Star. This is a great way to decorate your space before Valentine's Day. Follow the tutorial to learn craft techniques and tips.
- 5x7 canvas
- Patterned paper of your choice
- Flowers and rhinestone embellishments of your choice
- Waterbase decoupage sealer
- Alphabet stickers of your choice
- Cotton cloth
- Clear glitter
- Black ink
- Liquid paint in a spray bottle
- Cut a heart shape from your patterned paper and drag black ink along the edges of it.
- Glue it onto your canvas by applying a thin layer of waterbase sealer over the entire canvas. Allow to dry.
- Apply the waterbase sealer to just the heart, and pour clear glitter over top of it.
- Shake off excess glitter and allow to dry.
- Print a photo with dark colors on a laser printer using regular computer paper and trim around the edges.
- Apply decoupage sealer to the scrap of cotton fabric and to the front of the picture.
- Place the picture onto the fabric, image side down. Continue applying waterbase decoupage sealer to the piece in order to cause the fabric to become semi-transparent. Set aside to dry (you may have to hang the photos to dry depending on how soaked they are with sealer).
- When the decoupage sealer is dry, you will be able to see the image through the fabric.
- Using your spray paint, apply splotches of color as desired.
- Then trim your photos and apply them to the canvas with waterbase decoupage sealer, along with lettering of your choice.
- Embellish with flowers and rhinestones of your choice.
There are more special occasion decoupage projects just like this one, available in our collection of 33 Fabulous Decoupage Ideas Plus 3 Helpful Tutorials.
Read NextWatercolor Marker DIY Quote Canvas