Sweet Sentiments Pillow
Show someone how much you love them with this Sweet Sentiments Pillow from I Love to Create. This personalized pillow is great to cuddle up with when you're missing your Valentine...and this unique gift is sure to mean a lot to whoever receives it! Feel free to write whatever you'd like on this cute heart shaped pillow.
- Tulip® Fabric Markers™ (Multi 20 Pack)
- Transfer or carbon paper
- Tracing paper
- Freezer paper
- Straight pins
- Cotton ecru fabric, approximately ¾ - 1 yard
- Sewing machine
- Needle and matching thread
- Love Pillow Pattern
- Enlarge pattern approximately to size desired. Cut out.
- Press fabric and fold in half.
- Fold heart pattern down center and align on the fold of the ecru fabric. Pin down. Add ½” around the pattern for seam allowance and cut out. Repeat with a second piece.
- Align the two pieces together with the right sides facing. Stitch ½” seam all around heart leaving a large opening on the lower area of one side for stuffing fiberfill in a later step. Turn the raw edges under and press with iron.
- Turn right side out and press to smooth out.
- Cut a piece of freezer paper to fit inside the pillow so inks from the doodling will not seep through to the back side. Place inside.
- Trace doodle patterns on tracing paper and transfer to pillow by using transfer paper below the pattern and tracing over the lines. If desired, create your own doodles, sayings and words and freehand. Allow inks to dry.
- Remove freezer paper in the pillow. Stuff with fiberfill.
- Hand stitch opening of pillow.
Read NextHeart Felt Ornaments Tutorial