Mini Heart Quilt Candy Box
Make a small candy box with a quilted pattern on top. The Mini Heart Quilt Candy Box is great as a Valentine's Day craft.
- White Mini paper mache heart box available in craft stores
- Scraps of scrapbook paper in pink or red prints
- Tracing paper
- Graphite or carbon paper
- Ruler, pencil, scissors
- Tacky glue
- Decoupage glue
- Small paintbrush
- Black dimensional fabric paint
- Scraps of lace for trimming edge
- Place the top of the heart box on the tracing paper and trace the shape.
- Using the ruler, section the heart you just traced in random shapes for a total six sections. Number the pieces.
- Use the carbon or graphite paper to trace each section onto a different piece of scrapbook paper and cut out. Put a corresponding number on the back for easier placement.
- Brush some decoupage glue on the back of each piece and attach to the top of the box. Continue until all the pieces are added. Don't worry if the pieces do not abut perfectly. Any imperfections will be covered with the dimensional fabric paint. Brush a coat of decoupage glue onto the top to seal. Let dry.
- Using the photo as a guide and the dimensional paint draw stitch lines on the seams. Practice on a piece of scrap paper before working on the box top. Be creative and invent some of your own. Let dry.
- Spread some tacky glue on the edge and add some decorative lace. Let dry, fill with candy, and present it to your favorite Valentine.
Read Next24 Galentine's Day Crafts