Glitzy Valentine Shadow Box
Use your favorite Valentine's Day card, or a personal photo, to make this dimensional lighted shadow box from The Crafty Chica. This festive DIY Valentine's Day project would make a great gift for your sweetie and is a fun and easy way to display a favorite photo or illustration.
- Small glass jewelry box
- Crafty Chica Acrylic Paints
- Hand-held rotary tool
- Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue
- Decorative paper, pencil
- Valentine image (I got mine from CandyCoated.org)
- Foam core
- Crafty Chica Glitter
- Battery-operated strand of 10 mini lights
- Sequin trim
- Wood beads for feet
Paint the box and let it dry. Turn the box over and using the hand-held rotary tool, create 10 holes in the back of the box. Blow off dust.
Open the box and hot glue decorative paper to the back of the box. Use a pencil to poke through the paper where the drilled holes are. Glue the valentine image to a piece of foam core and cut around the edges.
Coat the edges with paint and sprinkle glitter over it. Let dry. Cut a small piece of foam core and then hot glue the image to it. With the box upright and the lid open like a door, hot glue the foam core to the inside base of the box, and then glue the image on top of it. Insert the mini lights (one light in each hole).
- Glue the battery pack behind the box. Hot glue the door closed. Add sequin trim around the front of the box, and any other decorations you want. Hot glue wood beads as the feet for the box.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.