Hearts Shrink Plastic Necklace
Make your own Valentine's Day necklace with shrink plastic hearts and gold trinkets. Heidi Borchers of Inspired at Home shows you how. Experiment with hole punches and decorative scissors to make filigree hearts with the look of carved ivory.
- Shrink Plastic- White or Opaque
- Scissors: wave-edge, scalloped-edge, regular
- Hole Punches: 3/16” diameter, 1/8” diameter
- Craft Knife
- Needle nose pliers
- Gold heart charms- 13 assorted
- Gold Chain necklace with clasp- 30” long
- Jump rings- 34
- Transfer patterns to the shrink plastic and cut 1 large heart using wave-edge scissors, 2 medium hearts using scalloped-edged scissors, 8 small hearts using the regular scissors, and 10 tiny hearts using regular scissors. Using the 3/16” hole punch, punch 1 hole in each heart where indicated to attach jump ring. Referring to photo and using 1/8” hole punch and craft knife, punch and cut decorative designs in hearts as desired.
- To shrink prepared hearts, follow instructions on shrink plastic package. Let cool.
- Using needle nose pliers and jump rings, attach shrink plastic hearts and gold heart charms to necklace as desired.
Love shrink plastic crafts? Find more gorgeous ideas for what to make with shrink plastic in DIY Shrinky Dinks: A Shrink Plastic Craft Guide.
Read NextHeart Felt Ornaments Tutorial