Crochet Heart Sachets
With this easy crochet pattern, you can crochet a heart-shaped sachet to fill with potpourri. These crochet heart sachets would make a great Valentine's Day gift for friends or family. You can make these sachets in a variety of colors and use them to add a lovely fragrance to your closet, sock drawer, or even your car. These sweet handmade gifts make wonderful Valentine's Day presents and they're so fun and easy to make that you'll soon find yourself making one for everyone you care about!
Find this pattern and many more in our new eBook, 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More!
- 1 skein Red Heart® Super Saver® yarn in Cherry Red
- 1 skein Red Heart® Super Saver® yarn in Light Raspberry
- 1 skein Red Heart® Super Saver® yarn in Pink Camo
- 4 mm [US G-6] crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Potpourri, scented beads or fiberfill
Gauge: 15 sts = 4”; 10 rows = 4” in Hdc (half double crochet). CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Make your heart sachets in a solid color or make the hearts in one color and edge with a second color.
Sachet measures 5”
Heart (Make 2)
Using color of your choice, ch 3.
Row 1 (Right Side): Work 2 hdc in 3rd ch from hook; turn – 2 sts.
Row 2: Ch 2, 2 hdc in each st; turn – 4 sts.
Row 3: Ch 2, 2 hdc in first st, hdc in each st across to last st, 2 hdc in last st; turn – 6 sts.
- Rows 4-8: Repeat last row – 16 sts.
Row 9: Ch 2, hdc in next 6 sts, [yo and draw up a loop in the next st] 2 times, yo and draw through all 5 loops on the hook = hdc2tog made; turn – 7 sts, leave remaining sts unworked.
- Rows 10-12: Ch 2, hdc in each st across to last 2, hdc2tog; turn – 4 sts. Fasten off.
Row 9: With right side facing, join yarn in next st on last long row, ch 2, hdc2tog, hdc in each st across; turn – 7 sts.
- Row 10-12: Ch 2, hdc2tog, hdc in each st across; turn – 4 sts. Fasten off.
- With right side facing, join yarn in top center “V” of Heart, ch 1, sc in same st, sc evenly around.
- With wrong sides together and matching stitches, hold both Hearts together, and sc through both layers to join pieces. Leave an opening for stuffing. Stuff with potpourri, fiberfill or scented beads. Continue to sc pieces closed, slip st to first sc to join; turn.
Ch 1, sc in same st as joining and in next 2 sts, *ch 4, slip st in 3rd ch from hook – picot made, sc in next 2 sts; repeat from * around; slip st to first st to join; turn.
- Fasten off. Weave in ends.