Heidi Borchers Biography
Heidi Borchers was born into the crafting industry. As the daughter of Aleene Jackson, America's beloved "Mother of Crafting" and the inventor of Aleene's Tacky Glue, Heidi spent many of her childhood leisure hours in her mother's shop, gluing, creating, and learning. By the time she was a teenager, Heidi had become an accomplished artist, as well as an inventive designer.
In the mid-1990's, Heidi launched the largest selling craft book ever published, with sales to date in excess of $30 million. It was the first of a succession of "continuity" books called Aleene's Big Book of Crafts. Since then, many of her more than two dozen hard-bound books have been featured in Book of the Month Clubs across the country.
She launched her national cable television career as co-host of her mother's show, "Aleene's Creative Living" and remained a staple TV crafting personality for 15 years. Throughout her career, Heidi's designs have been featured in McCalls, Better Homes & Gardens, Creative Living, Craft Home & Style, Decorating Craft Ideas, Crafts N' Things and Inspired at Home.
A studio in the seaside town of Los Osos, California, is home to a sea of materials, finished designs, and works-in-progress. Whimsical faces, and original characters hang on the walls and peek out from behind hundreds of jars full of buttons, beads, fasteners, yarns, tiles and glues. Machines, tools, and equipment stand sentinel on long, sturdy tables, ready to be put into service. The studio is also a classroom, where Heidi holds regular design classes.
Heidi raised three children and now entertains a gorgeous gaggle of eleven grandchildren who visit often. Heidi's regular blogs can be found at Inspired at Home Blog. Heidi is also a regular guest on Inspired at Home radio.
Heidi Borchers on FaveCrafts
FaveCrafts is happy to welcome Heidi Borchers as a contributer to our ever-growing site. Here you can find her step-by-step craft projects, video tutorials and more. Also, look for her work in our free Quick and Crafty newsletter.
Heidi's Recent Projects
- Pink and Red Crocheted Hearts
- 28 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners + 4 Bonus Patterns
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- Mini Drawer Storage System
- Avalon Top
- 26 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- Bright Blue Denim Scarf
- Crochet Convertible Cowl
- 21 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts
- Pretty Petals Ear Warmer
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Shelbi Free Crochet Hat Pattern For Kids
- Totally Tulle DIY Fabric Flowers
- Seasonal FloraCraft Styrofoam Decor
- Tulip Color Shot Fabric Dye Set
- Book Page Paper Roses DIY Project
- Simplicity Bias Tape Maker Giveaway
- We R Memory Keepers
- Vintage Basket Easter Craft Project
- Recycled Egg Carton Easter Egg Basket