Heidi Borchers Biography
Heidi Borchers was born into the crafting industry. As the daughter of Aleene Jackson, America's beloved "Mother of Crafting" and the inventor of Aleene's Tacky Glue, Heidi spent many of her childhood leisure hours in her mother's shop, gluing, creating, and learning. By the time she was a teenager, Heidi had become an accomplished artist, as well as an inventive designer.
In the mid-1990's, Heidi launched the largest selling craft book ever published, with sales to date in excess of $30 million. It was the first of a succession of "continuity" books called Aleene's Big Book of Crafts. Since then, many of her more than two dozen hard-bound books have been featured in Book of the Month Clubs across the country.
She launched her national cable television career as co-host of her mother's show, "Aleene's Creative Living" and remained a staple TV crafting personality for 15 years. Throughout her career, Heidi's designs have been featured in McCalls, Better Homes & Gardens, Creative Living, Craft Home & Style, Decorating Craft Ideas, Crafts N' Things and Inspired at Home.
A studio in the seaside town of Los Osos, California, is home to a sea of materials, finished designs, and works-in-progress. Whimsical faces, and original characters hang on the walls and peek out from behind hundreds of jars full of buttons, beads, fasteners, yarns, tiles and glues. Machines, tools, and equipment stand sentinel on long, sturdy tables, ready to be put into service. The studio is also a classroom, where Heidi holds regular design classes.
Heidi raised three children and now entertains a gorgeous gaggle of eleven grandchildren who visit often. Heidi's regular blogs can be found at Inspired at Home Blog. Heidi is also a regular guest on Inspired at Home radio.
Heidi Borchers on FaveCrafts
FaveCrafts is happy to welcome Heidi Borchers as a contributer to our ever-growing site. Here you can find her step-by-step craft projects, video tutorials and more. Also, look for her work in our free Quick and Crafty newsletter.
Heidi's Recent Projects
- 100+ Tie Dye Techniques and Patterns
- Baby Hoodie Knitting Pattern
- Crocheted Ruffle Purse
- Back To School Homemade Tote Bag
- 48 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- Light Crochet Shoulder Shrug
- Pink Flower Water Bottle Bracelets
- 6 Old Jeans Purse Patterns
- 1000+ Recycled Crafts: Crafting with Recyclable Items
- Denim Pocket Purse
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilted Paper DIY Wall Art
- Sweet Decoupage Picture Frame
- Super Simple Painted DIY Wall Art
- Scrap Fabric Hair Accessories
- Metal Stamped Floral Stakes
- Ultimate Plaid Home Decor Assortment
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Accessories
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life