Heart Shaped Topiary
Lushly romantic silk flowers trimmed into a heart make the perfect Valentine's Day gift. Bring out your inner romantic this February 14!
See this project and more in 27 Topiary Craft Projects.
- STYROFOAM* Brand Products:
- Open heart, 6" x 1"
- Scraps, 1"-2" sheet (to fill clay pot)
- 4" x 3" clay pot
- Wooden dowel, 1/4" x 3"
- Acrylic paint: olive green
- Silk lilacs: lavender and pink, six or more stems
- Green floral moss
- Ribbon: 1" x 1/2 yd., lavender brocade
- 1" foam brush
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Wire cutters
- Wooden skewer
- Needlenose pliers
- Thick, white craft glue
1. Paint foam heart and wooden dowel olive green. Glue lavender brocade ribbon around rim of pot.
2. Push wooden dowel into center bottom of heart and glue.
3. Cut lilac stems into sections of three to four blossoms. Glue lilacs covering front, back, and edges of heart. To glue lilacs to foam, squeeze a dot of glue onto heart, place stem in glue, and then use wooden skewer to push stem into foam.
4. Cut small pieces from foam sheet and glue to fit snugly inside clay pot. Push dowel into pot until heart point is just above top of pot. Glue as needed.
5. Glue a layer of moss covering top of foam inside clay pot. Glue two large lilac leaves to base of dowel with the tips pointing in opposite directions.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.