Circular Weaving on a Wood Basket Base
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: "Have you ever worked with a basket base? Hooked for Life gave me a wood basket base for free to review. Rather than use it as intended, for the base of a basket, I decided to try something different. The holes around the edge make these basket bases an easy to use loom! Learn how to warp the loom and create your own, circular weaving design. It’s a great way to use up scraps of pretty yarns, ribbons, and more. The edging on this weaving is a basic single crochet. "
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
Project TypeMake a Project
- Circular basket base
12 yds of a strong thread or yarn for the warp
Scraps of yarn, fabric, or other soft material for the weft
- Needle that your weft material will fit into (optional for larger materials)
Yarn for edging
- Crochet hook in a size that fits through the holes and is comfortable for you with your chosen edging yarn
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to make a gratitude journal in 5 easy steps
- Celebrate Summer with a Pedicure Gift Basket!
- Ribbon Crafts: 14 Things to Make with Ribbon
- CD Clock
- Mini Apothecary Chest
- Macrame Wall Hanging for Beginners
- No Sew Coiled Fabric Bowl or Basket
- How to Hand Dye Yarn at Home
- How to Dry Leaves
- A Message from the Editors of FaveCrafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cranberry Pie Granny Square
- No Carve Snow White Pumpkin
- How To Make An Infinity Scarf
- Aria Button Cardigan
- Large Baby Block Rattle
- Printable Mad Libs for Crafters
- Louise Shawl
- Easy Homemade Advent Calendar
- Make Your Own Crochet Oval Basket With Handles
- Repurposed Pants Made Into An Upcycled Wine Gift Bag
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home