Stuck with old CDs? Make a CD Clock from Lisa Fulmer! This is a fun recycled craft idea that everyone will love (and want in their home!)
- Old CD
- Clock kit
- Copper Washer
- Paint in various colors
- I didn't bother trying to take off the cd label on the front of the cd, i just turned it over and painted the unlabeled back side for the front of my clock.
- The clock parts come in a handy kit from Walnut Hollow and you can make the clock face from anything you want. Since the hole in a cd is a little too big for the nut and bolt that comes in the clock kit, i just added a copper washer in between to fill the gap so nothing slides around.
- I brushed a streaky background wash with a caramel color, painted the center with red and blue, then i just squeezed little drops of ink directly from the bottle on top in yellow, red and blue, letting each color dry before adding the next.
- I made a quick stamp from a metal washer glued to a wooden spool and stamped circles at 12, 3, 6, and 9 to make a clock face.
- I liked all the circles and dots so much like this, I opted not to add any numbers.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Miscellaneous Crafts"
Find the most unique and unexpected ideas here with tons of great unusual craft projects, helpful tips, and useful ideas. Includes creative and different craft projects for kids and adults as well as excellent ideas like lower Drying tips and Flower