Stuck with old CDs? Make a CD Clock from Lisa Fulmer! This is a fun recycled craft idea that everyone will love (and want in their home!)
- Old CD
- Clock kit
- Copper Washer
- Paint in various colors
- I didn't bother trying to take off the cd label on the front of the cd, i just turned it over and painted the unlabeled back side for the front of my clock.
- The clock parts come in a handy kit from Walnut Hollow and you can make the clock face from anything you want. Since the hole in a cd is a little too big for the nut and bolt that comes in the clock kit, i just added a copper washer in between to fill the gap so nothing slides around.
- I brushed a streaky background wash with a caramel color, painted the center with red and blue, then i just squeezed little drops of ink directly from the bottle on top in yellow, red and blue, letting each color dry before adding the next.
- I made a quick stamp from a metal washer glued to a wooden spool and stamped circles at 12, 3, 6, and 9 to make a clock face.
- I liked all the circles and dots so much like this, I opted not to add any numbers.
Read Next5 Minute Tassel Tutorial
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
timelystyles 29766 54
Jan 25, 2015
Clock kits have a hanger on the back for hanging the clocks.
Jun 06, 2011
How clever. I have wanted a clock using blue for a bathroom. My idea is using blue in a wavery pattern on the silver cd with tiny shells for the hour designations. Thanks for your idea.
hannahibarra 11045 57
May 11, 2011
Apr 16, 2011
How did you mount or hang the clock?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use