Stuck with old CDs? Make a CD Clock from Lisa Fulmer! This is a fun recycled craft idea that everyone will love (and want in their home!)
- Old CD
- Clock kit
- Copper Washer
- Paint in various colors
- I didn't bother trying to take off the cd label on the front of the cd, i just turned it over and painted the unlabeled back side for the front of my clock.
- The clock parts come in a handy kit from Walnut Hollow and you can make the clock face from anything you want. Since the hole in a cd is a little too big for the nut and bolt that comes in the clock kit, i just added a copper washer in between to fill the gap so nothing slides around.
- I brushed a streaky background wash with a caramel color, painted the center with red and blue, then i just squeezed little drops of ink directly from the bottle on top in yellow, red and blue, letting each color dry before adding the next.
- I made a quick stamp from a metal washer glued to a wooden spool and stamped circles at 12, 3, 6, and 9 to make a clock face.
- I liked all the circles and dots so much like this, I opted not to add any numbers.