Twisted Tie-Dye Tee
If you like tie-dye clothing, try this twisted tie-dye tee project from I Love to Create. Use lots of bright colors for a bold look that's sure to stand out. Then add your name in fabric paint for a personalized touch!
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit™: Luau
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint: Ebony
- Tee – 100% cotton, white
- Small paintbrush
- Plastic tablecloth
- Cardboard insert
- Chalk pencil – Optional
- Prewash tee without fabric softener to remove sizing. Do not dry.
- Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth.
- Lay tee flat on covered area. Pinch the shirt and twist tightly. Rubber band to hold in place. Continue adding pinched areas with rubber bands as desired.
- Wearing plastic gloves from the kit, add water to dye bottles and shake until fully dissolved.
- Apply all colors to tee as desired.
- Wrap tee in plastic tablecloth and let set for 6-8 hours.
- Wash and dry.
- Place cardboard insert into tee.
- Lay flat on clean surface.
- *Optional: Use a chalk pencil to write out name for accurate placement.
- Squeeze puddle of Tulip® Soft® Ebony onto foil.
- Use paintbrush to paint name onto tee.
- Let dry.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Tie-Dye"
Find photo tutorials for different tie-dye techniques, including Batik, Heart, Splatter and more. Find out how to make different tie-dye designs and tie dye t-shirts.
Love tie dye patterns? Bless your inbox and subscribe to the FaveCrafts Newsletter.
There are no records