Magnetic Art Folio
Use matboard and ribbon to create your own magnetic case for carrying artwork or important documents. Create the perfect size for your needs with this easy to follow tutorial by Eileen Hull.
- a piece of matboard for your project (this is 18" x 27")
- scrap foamboard strips equal to length of sides and depth of fold
- magnet pieces
- craft knife
- metal straightedge
- tape gun
- Cut matboard to size of desired folio. Score to create bends where box will fold. Use craft knife to cut down about halfway through the matboard to make a clean score line. Make sure you score on the RIGHT side of the project.
- Fold box into folder shape.
- Measure and cut strips of foamboard and layer to create sides to the folder. Adhere layers to each other with tape gun. Adhere to sides of folio.
- Cut slits in sides to allow ribbon through. Thread ribbon around box and tie in front.
- Adhere magnets to folder flap and front.
- Punch two holes with Crop-a-dile on top of folder. Add eyelets if desired. Thread ribbon through for handle and knot.
- Insert artwork and take it in style!
Read NextFloppy Disk Desk Organizer