St. Patrick's Day Pot of Gold Crochet Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This St. Patrick's Day Pot of Gold Crochet Pattern isn't somewhere over the rainbow - it's right here. Free easy crochet patterns are a great way to celebrate one of the best holidays of the year. The rainbow flowing into the pot of gold makes this a one-of-a-kind project. St. Patrick's Day crafts can come in so many different shapes and sizes, and this pattern is small but mighty. You can make it and display it on its own or you can add it to a crochet beanie. Rainbow crafts are a fun way to add a hint of color anytime, anywhere.
Crochet Hook: G/6 or 4 mm hook
Primary Technique: Crochet
Yarn Weight: (2) Fine (23-26 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet a Pot of Gold
- Crochet Hook US G (4.00 mm)
- 2 yards each of: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet; 10 yards of Black; 5 yards of White
- tr – treble stitch
- sc2tog – single crochet two stitches together
All rows of the rainbow are worked from right side, in the back loops only.
Row 1: Start with Violet, ch13, starting in 2nd ch from hook, work 1 sc in each ch. Fasten off. (12 sc)
Row 2: Join Indigo in first sc of previous row, ch1, sc in same st, 2sc in next st, [sc, 2sc] to end. Fasten off. (18 sc)
Row 3: Join Blue in first sc of previous row, ch1, sc in same st, 2sc in next st, [sc, 2sc] to end. Fasten off. 27 sc)
Rows 4 – 7: Work one row of each color (Green, Yellow, Orange, Red) as follows: Join Color in first sc of previous row, ch1, sc in same st, and each st to end. Fasten off leaving a long strand to attach to the Pot. (27 sc)
Make a magic circle, ch1, 7 hdc in loop, pull loop tight, join with sl st in top of beg hdc. * [Ch2, 2tr, dc, 2tr, ch2, sl st] in same st, skip next st, sl st in next st*. Repeat between *2 more times; ch6, sc in 3rd ch from hook, sl st in each remaining st, join with sl st to bottom of shamrock. Fasten off leaving a long tail to attach to rainbow.
Pot of Gold:
Row 1: With black, ch12, sc in 2nd ch from hook and each remaining ch. (11 sc)
Row 2: Turn, skip first sc, sc in next 9 sts, leave last st unworked. (9 sc)
Row 3: Ch1, turn, sc in first st, 2sc in next st, sc in each st to last 2 sts, 2sc in next st, sc in last st. (11 sc)
Row 4: Repeat Row 3. (13 sc)
Row 5: Ch1, turn, skip first st, sc in each st to last 2 sts, sc2tog. (11 sc)
Rows 6 & 7: Repeat Row 5 two more times. (7 sc)
Border: Turn, ch1, sc in each st around pot working an extra sc in corners of top to get a nice turn. Fasten off.
Optional: For more definition around pot top, with a yarn needle and yarn, sew a row of straight stitches in the gap between Row 1 and Row 2. This will define the lip of the pot.
Gold: Working in back loops only, join Yellow in first st of top of the pot, [ch2, sl st in next st] repeat to end. Fasten off.
Using a yarn needle and long tails of yarn, arrange pot over bottom end of rainbow and tack in place. Place shamrock at top end of rainbow and tack in place. Sew Pot ‘o Gold applique to hat.
NOTES: To make this free craft pattern, we recommend the following materials. You can find them at a discount at CutRateCrafts.com!
- Crochet Hook US G (4.00 mm)
- 2 yards each of:
Check out the rest of our free crochet patterns for March in our collection of 18 St. Patrick's Day Free Crochet Patterns.This collection of patterns to crochet includes gorgeous green crochet project ideas as well as rainbow-themed patterns.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
A Cute Shamrock and Leprechaun
Lucky Toilet Paper Roll Clover
Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Crafts and Recipes free eBook
Easy Crochet Clover
Tissue Paper Shamrock
St. Patricks Day Cone For Kids
40+ St. Patrick's Day Crochet Patterns
Lucky Shamrock Shoes
Four Leaf Clover Charm
St. Patricks Day Wreath
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make Soap with Pressed Flowers
- DIY Candelabra PVC Pipe Craft
- 27 Christian Christmas Crafts
- God Is Love Adult Coloring Page
- Ornamental Bird Adult Coloring Page
- Soft Shoulder Shawl Knitting Pattern
- Crocheted Snowflake Table Runner
- Kaylee Pope, Editor
- 123 Easy Christmas Crafts for Adults
- 16 Christmas Plastic Canvas Patterns
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home