Thrifty Shamrock Magnet
Looking for recycle crafts for kids? This Thrifty Shamrock Magnet from Crystal Donnelly is the perfect project! Teach young ones about St. Patrick's Day and create this thrifty magnet while you're at it!
- A shamrock sticker or clip art printed off the computer
- Black felt
- Sheet advertising magnet (or if you don’t have any you can purchase sheet magnets at the craft store)
- Tacky glue
- Gold glitter dimensional fabric paint
- Pen, scissors
- Spread some tacky glue on the back of the sticker. This is to insure that it stays stuck. Attach to the black felt. If using clip-art, cut out and spread some glue onto the back. Attach to the piece of black felt. Let dry.
- Cut around the motif leaving a quarter inch of black felt showing. Place the prepared shamrock on the advertising magnet and trace around with a pen. Cut out the shamrock shaped magnet. Spread some glue on the back of the felt shamrock and attach to the magnet. Let dry. Trim up any overhanging edges.
- Draw a line with Gold dimensional fabric paint all around the shamrock shape. It can be a thin line or a thick one as desired. Make sure you test the fabric paint on scrap paper first so that it comes out in an even line. Let dry. Stop throwing those advertising magnets away and make as many shamrocks as you want and deck out your fridge for St. Patty’s Day. While you are at it why not try some Easter designs as well?
Read NextMini Leprechaun Hats