Garden Inspired Wall Art
Enjoy nature and create fantastic mixed media art - what could be better? Garden Inspired Wall Art from Lisa Fulmer is a great way to capture the essence of spring. When the weather gets cold again, you can have this piece to remind you of the season.
- 10x10 canvas board
- Lutradur Mixed Media Sheets
- TAP Transfer Artist Paper
- Household iron and a heat gun
- Acrylic paints, sponges and brushes
- Liquitex Resin Sand Texture Gel Medium
- Spray ink and alcohol inks
- Glossy Accents clear medium
- Strong craft glue
- Sandpaper and cardboard
- Metal strip, large metal brad, mini metal brads
- Sponge paint canvas board randomly with two colors (I used bronze with black highlights) and allow to dry.
- Apply a generous amount of texture gel medium on top of canvas board, tap with a brush to create peaks and allow to dry...this texture looks like rich soil to me!
- Spritz the canvas board with a spray ink (I used a coffee color) and allow to dry.
- Inkjet print your image on to TAP Transfer Artist Paper and transfer to a sheet of Lutradur with an iron (follow instructions in TAP package).
- Trim edges of the Lutradur to give a white border around image (mine is about 5-1/4" x 6") and lightly blow the edges with a heat gun to distress.
- Highlight any dew drops on your plant image with Glossy Accents and apply mini brads to corner.
- Glue a sheet of thin sandpaper to cardboard to stabilize and trim to the same size as Lutradur.
- Layer the Lutradur on top of the sandpaper, offset and glue both to canvas board.
- Crinkle a narrow metal strip, flatten out and dab with a darker shade of alcohol ink to "antique" it, then glue into place as shown.
- Glue a large metal brad into place as shown, dab with alcohol ink if you want to alter the color.
- Add a self-adhesive picture hanger to the back and enjoy your new work of art!
Read NextDIY Gold Foiled Vase