Blooming Spring Flowers Cards
With a funky flower stamp set, create a variety of spring cards bursting with vibrant flowers. Saying hello or thanks with this card will certainly brighten someon'e day. These cheerful, floral cards from Posh Impressions are perfect for Mother's Day cards.
More Designs Below!
- Funky Flower Stamp Set
- Vertical Inspirations Cardstock (For cards that open with back page border or open at right side or at bottom)
- Marvy Brush Art Markers
- Blending Blox
- Sticker paper(If choosing to overlap flowers or vases. Opaque is best for covering anything beneath it)
- Black pen & ruler if you wish to draw stripes or draw a box
- Stamping pad or low pile of magazines to get best impression when pressing stamp. A couple of mouse pads stacked on top of each other could work too.Damp rag for cleaning stamps
- Stamp all backgrounds such as spot patterns or draw any wanted boxes or lines first.
- Stamp vases first & then use a post-it note to cover vase for protection before stamping flowers in vases.
- You can stamp vases & flowers directly onto the cards without using sticker paper unless you choose to overlap images or have patterns or lines beneath them. For sticker paper, use opaque instead of glossy sticker paper so that colors beneath do not show through.
- Always stamp an image on scratch paper first to see if you like the result and see that you have pressed without rocking or pressing too hard.
- Hold the stamp to the paper and count to 10 before lifting to get brightest, purest colors with all parts colored evenly.
- The blended colors on vases were done using Blending Blox to achieve color variation, tones and shading. When running color blends together further than the small pad can handle, match darks to darks and lights to lights by rotating the pad to put the dark to dark, etc. A video shows how to do it here (see video at right) Marvy Markers can be used instead.
- When changing colors, clean stamps by stamping on damp rag and then on dry paper.
- If using sticker paper, after cutting out images leaving a thin white border all around, before removing sticky backing from sticker paper, place in several positions to see where most desired. Then, remove just a corner to hold in place before removing the rest of it and smooth out with the palm of hand to put it in place permanently.
- Keep cards out of sunlight or bright lights to preserve colors.
- Let your imagination and creativity loose and mostly have FUN! The Funky Flower set as well as all of Dee's sets provide many combinations and posh-abilities and sets are designed to be used interchangably.
All products are available from www.sundayint.com or look for them in your favorite store.
More Floral Cards: