Next time you're searching for crafts to make, consider homemade soap! Rosey Soap is a melt and pour concoction that will have your guests asking where you bought it! Perfect for wedding favors, too!
- 16 ounces Melt and Pour Base (clear or white)
- Roses (dried or fresh)
- Rosehip Jasmine Fragrance Oil
- Optional: Red Coloring (food coloring is fine)
- Soap Mold (plastic Tupperware works great)
- Melt 8 of opaque ounces of soap in the microwave on 30 second bursts. Scent soap with approximately 1/8 ounce of fragrance or essential oil. Stir in well. Pour half way into molds.
- Melt another 8 ounces (clear soap for a contrasting look) of soap in the microwave. Fragrance this soap. Color this soap with a few drops of food coloring or soap coloring like mica. Pour into mold. It should swirl and mix nicely with the non-colored soap. Then, take the 4 ounces that are left from Step 1 and drizzle the rest of the soap into the mold. Finally, complete the look by drizzling the last of the soap in fun and varying patterns. I used a flexible Jelly Roll pan but you can use anything that is flat and has “give” (this means no glass pans).
- Sprinkle roses on top of the soap for a lovely and different appearance.
- Optional: Mix dried and chopped-up roses into soap for a scrubby feel.
Read NextCupcake Bath Bombs