Kids and adults love bananas and will go bananas over this skin softening soap. This is a melt and pour or milled soap recipe from Maria Nerius.
- 3 cups grated soap base
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup beeswax chips
- ¼ cup pureed banana (must be fresh, ripe and no bruising)
- ¼ teaspoon of citric acid (or 1 teaspoon lemon juice)
- ½ teaspoon or 20 drops Vitamin E or Grapefruit Seed Extract
- ½ cup dried milk
- 10 drops banana FO
- 10 drops coconut EO
- Hand Grater/Food Processor
- Measuring Cups
- Double Boiler
- Wood Spoon
- 1/4 – 1/2 disk of yellow soap colorant
- 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil, California walnut oil or other carrier/base oil
- Grate soap and measure out 3 cups. Gather and pre-measure all other ingredients.
- Puree the banana and add citric acid.
- Prepare double boiler. Melt together the grated soap and water.
- Once soap has melted add the beeswax.
- When the beeswax has melted and been mixed well into the soap mixture you can add colorant if you desire. Place the colorant and 1 tablespoon of carrier/base oil in a small glass dish. Place in microwave on a low temperature and heat in 10-second intervals until colorant is dissolved in the carrier/base oil. Stir and add to the melted soap. Mix well by stirring.
- Remove soap from heat and add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Allow soap to cool and thicken. Once cool to touch, remove a small handful and shape in to a ball.
- Let the soap balls dry for several hours. This time experiment with shapes. Flatten the soap ball in to a thick flat shape. Let soap dry for 24-48 hours.
- Let soap dry for 24-48 hours. Mix a few drops of coconut EO with 1-2 tablespoons of carrier/base oil like almond oil or coconut oil. Apply a small amount of this oil to your hands. Pick up one soap at a time and polish the soap with your hands. Repeat process for remaining soap. Allow the soap to air dry for 24-48 hours.
FO: Fragrance Oil designed for cosmetic use
EO: Essential Oil
Read NextSimple Homemade Bath Salts