Shades of Serenity Tote
This Shades of Serenity Tote is the perfect bag for holding everything from books to magazines, beach accessories to snacks for the kids. Made using lovely floral fabric, this tote is great for women of all ages. This tote is also large enough to work as a bag pack or brief case if you're carrying text books or files. Perfect for road trips, train rides, or just everyday use, this DIY tote bag is one that you're sure to love!
- 2 Packages – Everything Mary Black Microfiber Purse Tabs with Rings – 8177-5
- 1 Package – Everything Mary Black Microfiber Rolled Handles – 3557
- Simplicity Pattern 1905 (Bag C)
- Sewing Machine
- Scissors/Utility Blade
- Use the simplicity pattern 1905 as a guide for purchasing fabric. Keep in mind you will need to construct this bag minus the handles.
- Follow pattern to make the body of the tote according to their directions minus the handles.
- Once tote is assembled, line up purse tabs at equal distance on both sides of the tote. Use the holes in the tab to mark places to cut fabric for securing the tabs on the body. Once holes are marked, use your scissors or an utility blade to gently pierce the fabric where the rivet from the tabs will go.
- When holes are cut, line the tabs up on top of the fabric and place rivets into holes.
- Firmly press down the rivet cap on the backside of the purse tab. You might lightly tap the rivet cap with a small mallet or hammer. A dab of glue could also be applied for extra security.
- To apply handles you will need to use pliers to open the attached rings. Simply link ring through the ring on the purse tabs and close tightly with the pliers.
Read NextQuilted Bible Carrier